Sunday, November 27, 2005

introduction

I finally created my own blog-so welcome to it.

I have read blogs over the years- and wondered if what I had to say would be of interest to anyone else. Well, the online community of quilters shows the answer to that is yes.
Besides, this way I can combine my joy in quilting and writing together.

I find being a quilter to be my most creative outlet-and I believe we all need to find a way to express that energy we all share. I would not say I create art quilts...though I admire many, many of them....instead, I create quilts that please me.

I am currently on a mission to use up my flannel fabric stash. I am making a quilt for a nephew, Cody using the colors he chose- red and blue. I love to use as many different fabrics as possible, however, the design I chose and the colors he chose- limited the number to five. I am close to being done with the top-my goal is to devote most of today to working to that end.

I chose my tag due to the fact that I have a tendency towards marathon mode. I am usually the last one up at a quilt retreat-or will stay up all night if I feel driven to finish a particular quilt.
I can get quite obsessive when it comes to reaching certain goals.

I will post a photo of this top once I get it completed-but if I don't get off the computer, that won't happen sooner.

more about me in later posts...



1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go, Cher! Glad to see you've joined the blogging revolution. I'm tellin' ya, there's a blogging community for every interest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home