Tuesday, August 08, 2006

so many blogs...so little time

Usually that phrase goes, so many quilts, so little time...well, last night I tried to get around just the stash ring...and it has so many additional members (with a few glitches in coding) that I did not make it. I know I got behind on my reading- but sheesh. I finished up this morning-so many of you are getting comments to some older posts-most I just read and moved on.
I am glad I turned on my machine and got binding on the second charity quilt before doing the computer reading! I am not timing myself in the quilting mode-getting in here and doing something is the main idea. A work night leaves little time when you add the chores, working late as I need to come home at lunchtime and check in on backyard remodel progress, and so on.
Tonight I have to get home on time as I am making chicken enchiladas- Ryan and Miranda are coming over for a home cooked meal this time. Even with the chicken cooked ahead of time, it's a time consuming process making them up. It's cooled down some, but, I am sure the a/c will be running when I turn on the oven! Ryan is Zoe's most favorite person when he is around...we become second rate then...isn't it funny how some dogs adore some people? Ryan played with Zoe a lot when she was a puppy-so I am sure she has it ingrained that he's the "man" of her life.
I have been hearing complaints from Ryan over not having another quilt from me...he wants a scrap quilt (hurray for that!) and he wanted it last year! and could I please make it wider this time too? I made a king sized quilt last time- custom designed 49er quilt. Have no idea where those photos are either-sorry! LJ and Pam will recall that huge project...it went on for quite a while-the center fabric was some suede type stuff with letters started to be appliqued on that was passed along to me from a fellow online quilter- I ended up sending it to my best friend in Australia to do that part...I mean, this quilt traveled! My longarm gal quilted cool football terms into it and did a fabulous job. I even made a special bag to store it in. His next quilt comes right after....LOL...don't we all have that priority list going on? well, he's 7th on that list of mine. No, I am not putting him ahead of my personal stuff....he can wait some more.

Life is Good!
work is going great
family all close by right now
sons who love receiving quilts
cooler weather
terrific online friends

10 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Hi Cher, thanks for the comment over at my blog!! Love the wedding quilt! V4ery soft and pretty, but with a nice strong diagonal pattern. I hope they loved it!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Cher, I love your blessings at the bottom...
Melanie
P.S. I'm a football addict...loved hearing about the quilting style.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Yes, life is good and a smile a mile wide is headed your way..*VBS*

So glad you have your head on straight..LOL and are doing well with all that needs doing.
Your blog post reminds of a little ditty I heard a while back. WIsh I knew who said it or wrote it, and when.

It goes:
I gave my soup.
I gave my bread.
I gave my heart.
I kept my head.

Isn't that just about perfect for us logical gals???? I thought so too! Hugs, Finn

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

That's funny, my boys always have their *next* quilt picked out. Luckily, Chris' next one is the wedding quilt and I only have to finish binding that one and Adam fell in love with the last blue string quilt I pieced so that will just have to be quilted at some time in the future for him.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Hanne said...

The quilt I am doing for my DD1 is an order too. It is nice when a quilt is wanted and appreciated :-)

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

I didnt get a chance to comment about your wedding quilt yesterday. Cher, it is wonderful! Good, good job on it.

How can Ryan want one bigger than a king---a California King??? You know I may have a picture of that 49 er quilt on my computer---I'll check and email it to you if I do.

Enjoy your family while you can! I'll catch up with you later.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Pam said...

How fun to have Ryan and his girl home!! All of your kids are home, how fun for you. What does Alice in Wonderland think of her Uncle Ryan?x

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

The quilt you made Ryan sounds nice. If you ever find a photo of it i would love to see.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum, the enchiladas sound great! It's okay to make ryan wait- sounds like his last quilt was quite amazing, anyway!!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I *love* enchiladas! Ryan sounds quilt-wealthy already. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home