Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Alice sleepover in the big girl bed



My son reminded me- where are the Alice photos Mom??? You know her fans want to see and hear how the sleepover in her new big girl bed went! Alice will be 3 in about 50 days...she is the one and only grandchild of mine and lives close enough I get to see her at least once a week or more. More than quilting, she makes me wish I were independently wealthy so I could not work and play with her every day!

Anyway- here she is the day after sleeping in her new bed- I put the mattress on the floor and as you will note, the top bed is where I "slept" for the hour it took her to fall asleep. I think she did fabulously well with the change and I slipped in the early morning before she woke up and enjoyed watching her sleep and then wake up. She slept through the night and I think it was Zoe's chain collar that actually woke her up - that jingling sound is loud! Zoe was pacing because I had the door shut and she could not personally come in and check on Alice-after all, that is her main priority when Alice is here-keeping a close personal eye on Alice, and sneaking in slurps when Alice allows, or sometimes NOT.


When I was shopping at a favorite lqs-I picked up a few Alice gifts-and this one I opened up and showed her how it worked. Lacing cards are a great way to introduce the concept of sewing-and Alice had such fun she did a little on each one. I want to find another set of cards that have shorter laces and larger holes-I think she would enjoy them on her own better.
(blogger would not let me move the lacing card photo...)

The blocks I showed in my last post are all stitched into a top now. I checked in with the gal and she said go ahead and quilt and bind it-so sandwiching the top is on my agenda tonight.

Photo of the finished quilt when I get there.

It's another wet Wednesday here...very soggy outside...good for inside quilting once I am home from the office!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

How fun is this! My kids all loved the lacing cards, I am delighted to know that they still exist!

And Alice is always so super duper adorable that I can barely stand it. No wonder you want to retire and just play with her! But then, you'd have to teach her to sew for real or you'd never get any quilting done!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

What fun! The little ones seem to grow so fast :)

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

What a darling she is!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Your son is right--gotta get our Alice fix every once in awhile. Just like her Nonna?

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Playing catch-up here, Cher. I'm amazed at how much Alice has grown in just the last few months. Gone is the baby look. She's a darling little girl. Almost looks like a porcelain doll with that fair skin and dark hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home