Tuesday, January 29, 2013

early January Alice sleep over

Alice has been missing from my blog for quite a while..however, she spent the night a while back and played in the scrap bag with the following results:

Alice is now 6 and getting to be quite tall.  Here is a close up of the arrangement:
She did all the cutting up herself..but was not so much interested in the idea of sewing them together.
Also, here is her daddy's baby quilt, all repaired-which went home with her for more fort building fun.
and the pretty faded back side..a pre-quilted fabric ...Nice to know it will now stand up for many more years.  My string quilt is waiting for me to make and attach the binding before I can take a finished photo. And, I have begun working on the applique that is for the new addition on my sidebar-It's All About Me.
I have been knitting too...so despite a busy time at the work mines, I am making time to be creative.

4 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh, Cher! Alice is absolutely beautiful!!! I cannot believe how much she has grown up! But guess what? I see YOU in her! The eyes, from within the eyes..oh my..how wonderful! She is truly someone very, very special and I love this photo of her at work!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

She is getting tall and I can't believe how long her hair is now! I keep picturing as she looked 3 plus years ago, I guess.

I know you enjoy spending time with her.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

She really is growing up! Goodness, it seems like it wasn't all that long ago that we were looking at baby photos! That pre-quilted fabric is sturdy stuff - we have several baby quilts in the family using it and these quilts have lasted for years and through many washes! Now that you have repaired the quilt, I am sure it will last right on into another generation! Cheers! Evelyn

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Clare said...

I can remember when she was just a baby. How time flies. I think you're going to have some one to take over your stash!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home