Sunday, August 13, 2006

another quilt bound/labeled

Another donated top downsized, quilted, bound, labeled for the charity I support. If it allows-you will again find a few squares pieced to make up enough for using-the green gingham for one.
Some of these fabrics are not 100% cotton-real scrap bag assortment from this gal who was not afraid to use any and all fabrics whereever she wanted them! If anyone recognizes some of these fabrics-comment on the year...it would be fun to know the span these fabrics cover. The pink and white is a ribbed knit type fabric for example of anything goes in this top.
I probably spent an hour and a half quilting this-I should mention, in all the quilts I have quilted, only 2 have been marked. I usually eyeball or follow the pattern design or just do my free motion thing..when it comes to charity quilting-I really do not follow any rules...I either do them fast and easy, or play around with different ideas. When I am quilting donated tops-I usually do something fast and easy-I like how that gentle curved using the walking foot turned out the other time- I can see doing more of that-it was fast but effective in enhancing that top.
Next up: mending Ryan's shorts and getting set up to quilt Anthony's quilt. That leaves one more donated top to sandwich and pin for quilting. I also have to pull out the wonky village and get back to that hand stitching. I am spending Wednesday helping my dil with Alice-there will be time during that day to do some hand work. Once those August goals are reached-it's time to pull a ufo number from my ufo jar and start putting some time in on that, plus start prepping the t-shirt wall hanging for my brother. I am meanwhile, thinking on a scrap quilt for Ryan. A string quilt would be great-I have been wanting to do that, and this would fit as a good idea for him. It's one idea so far.
Life is Good!
lots of Alice time lately and more to come
time with both my sons too, a real bonus
cooking for the extended family tonight
basketball end of season games to watch

7 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

sounds like you're reveling in your time...

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Alice is one lucky little angel to have a Nonna who loves her so. Way to go on getting another quilt to the done point.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Susan said...

You are just blowing through those donated quilts! I didn't realize you had a number jar for those UFOs. What a nice way to just move them along.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

I just had to click on your pic for a closer view of those fabrics. I LOVE that one up in the upper right hand corner. Looks like *bag fabric* to me!!!

Your new job is really agreeing with you, Cher. You've got such positive momentum going! Hats off to you, my dear!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

I like the lime green fabric, with the white daisy and the pink center. It's on the far right, bout halfway down. Back in the 70's I had wallpaper in my bedroom that matched that... :)

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

I love both of these utility quilts - lots of charm.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, the newly quilted top looks great!!
I took a closer look, and for sure lots of 1950's fabrics in there and up.
It won't stay enlarged long enough for me to see much more, but I wasn't seeing earlier than 50's...but there might be.
It's a fun top and yes, she sure wasn't afraid to use it all..LOL
So glad you are cooking again with the quilting and still getting time with Alice..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home