Tuesday, April 21, 2009

inspiration


I seem to be loading photos and having them get super imposed on previous posts. As I can not quite get a grip on the why of that I am moving on from quilt show photos to today's inspiration, thanks to Victoria's post of today.

I often tear something out that I think could be a jumping off point for a quilt idea.

As I am working on having balance in my life this year I came up with an old trick to help me have time to do those things I truly want to fit into each day.

So, thanks to using my timer method, I limit the gardening when I get home to what I set the timer for and then I stop. guilt free.

And, tonight, this will allow time for playing with fabric and seeing what comes of this inspiration.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Twisted Quilts said...

The timer is a great idea. I remember using one when my kids were in school for homework sessions. I need to work on more balance myself.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

I using the same method to keep my motivation for destuffing. I work for whatever time I feel like I can and then stop and do something else.

It's like eating an elephant one bite at a time. ;)

Darilyn

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Balance is a good thing - and I often use the timer trick to achieve it too! A few 10 minute tidys does wonders to the house or for more specific tasks like 10 minutes to sort clothes, or 10 minutes to fold laundry, or only 10 minutues to clean the bath... but sadly, also - only 10 minutes to read blogs, 10 minutes to sew, 10 minutes to press these blocks. But the 10 minute timer helps balance the fun and not so fun things out and I am the winner in the end. Cheers! Evelyn

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

that is an awesome bit of inspiration

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Browndirtcottage said...

yes...this would be great!!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Looks like you are getting back in the swing of things now that the quilt show duties are behind you. Hurray for that!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

I like to tear things out of the paper or a magazine that have nothing to do with quilting, but give me some ideas about colors or composition, and so forth

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Great idea Cher, I used that when I was doing custom hand quilting for people. The only way to get a Grandmother's Flower Garden done was if I quilted at least one hour a day. It was hard but it worked! Glad you got to play. Hugs, Finn

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

wow! is that a painting or quilt? if it ain't a quilt it sure should be!
let's see what you played with!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home