Sunday, March 22, 2009

Alice and quilting on Sunday


After two days of spending all my time at this quilt show I am happy to be staying home today.
The quilt shown behind me is the Clark County Quilters Opportunity quilt-benefiting the YWCA of Clark County-in particular two women's programs. (you may have to scroll down to an earlier post)

The quilt is made of various guild member blocks submitted for this quilt plus additions from the designer/maker of the quilt, guild member Cathy Erickson and quilted by V
al Pellens a guild member longarm quilter.

This quilt will be shown at AQS Paducah later in April-we were all thrilled to hear it had been accepted into the show.

After two days of all that, last night I headed over for some Alice time and gave her parents a chance to go have dinner out as adults alone. My son commented without recent Alice photos I seem to be down in having comments posted! So, I am correcting that today. I gave Chung the long green scarf years ago, and it became one of Alice's favorite toys- as a baby, perfect for playing peek-a-boo, which she still plays but now, it also makes a fine cape. She is such an active on the go child! I love running after her - she will chant, you can't catch me! We had a grand time once she got over her parents leaving without her. The other photo is the nest she made of her deflated jumping castle-too bad it got several large holes in it. It is so hard to snap a photo of her laughing I was thrilled to catch her in this one.

Today has been a lovely day to spend some time finally doing some free motion quilting on the FAB challenge top. I am making progress by setting the timer for 15 minutes of quilting and than having a break. It is so wonderful to be back behind the m
achine working some stitching magic. I can not show any photos until after it has been received by it's owner, but, I will share photos when I am able.I also need to snap a finished photo of the rainbow rail quilt, now sleeved and ready to be handed in for the quilt show in early April.


Labels:

8 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Eli is right---your public needs to see that pretty smiling face, now and again. I'm off to see the raffle quilt. That is certainly taking up a chunk of your time tracking the tx and monies but this will pass and life will return to whatever normal is.

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

That little Alice Wonderful just gets more and more beautiful....but I can see how she is quickly growing up, too. So, yes we needed an updated photo! I'm heading back to Alaska this week for another month of parent care taking and 4'of snow. I've only been back for 2 1/2 months so it's hard to leave our sunshine and daffodils! It's been so beautiful in Salem this week!

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Glad you got to spend some time with the delightful Alice and that you are able to get some quilting in again - woohoo!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Congratulations on your guild's quilt! It is so striking!

And Alice...she's growing so!!! And her *cape!* Gorgeous!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger swooze said...

Adorable. Glad the cast is off!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

Thank you so much for sharing the photos of the quilt show. And the quilt your guild made is so beautiful.

And Alice's smile is amazing. So joyful.

Darilyn

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Definitely more photos of Alice please. She's growing up so fast.

Glad you managed to get some quilting in at long last.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, great to see Alice again...my how she grows and grows. So glad to hear the cast is off and you're on your way to total use again.
Unto every thing there is a season, and no doubt, a reason *VBS* Big hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home