Friday, May 08, 2009

argh


I worked on these letters the other night. My intent was to do big and leaning-the big part was no problem..the leaning a bit more tricky. It will finish out around 18 inches...I used some hand dyed fabric I had but not sure where I bought it. I will have to backtrack and fix the h...I was going to chop off the longer leg, but, the more I look at it, the more I like it being longer, so I will have to back up and fit some background fabric in to make it work out. I think I played more with it being angular than leaning...still, all in all I am happy with this word. My goal is to have it in the mail on Monday.

Click on my sidebar on Tonya's name to go read and join in making Halloween words to send to her!


Last night I was at a meeting until far too late to have the energy to finish these into a block. I have a dinner date with my dil tonight-our idea of celebrating Mother's Day. I am really looking forward to the one on one time with her. I think she is a wonderful person, a fabulous mom, and a terrific wife to my son. And, lucky for me, she loves me too. We don't always agree, but, we do respect each others opinions.


And, I forgot to mention that Gwen and Freddy's latest book arrived on my birthday too! Or maybe I just did not post how much fun I am having reading through it. Amazing that they have made 61 quilts for both of their books - wow! I am inspired by their self portraits. I have to do a portrait type block for an outgoing president of my guild that includes both of us. Thanks to these books, I have come up with an idea for this block project.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Happy Belated Birthday wishes, Cher!!!

LOVE those colors in argh!!! Gorgeous hand dyeds, whomever is responsible.

And I love the style of your letters. Your word should be a welcome addition to Tonya's collection!

Happy Mother's Day...to both you and your DIL. Enjoy your time together. ;-)

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

do you have to do set in seams to get the fabric around the letters then? Interesting project for Tanya.

What a terrific idea for Mother's Day and you two mom's. Let Daddy watch Miss Alice while you spend some one on one adult time.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

Love your color combo for argh, and it really looks argh-y!
I just got the new collaborative quilting book, too, and love it.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

Happy Birthday. the lettering is coming along. I'm learning from you, as I sew the strips together with the background more. Your way has more freedom to it.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Happy Mother's Day Cher, and a happy belated birthday too! The word looks awesome. I think it turned out very well, great colors! Big hugs, Finn

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Love your letters/word! It is so fun to see words taking on their own personality!

Hey, my word verification is boring...that isn't nice! Maybe blog is saying something about my letters?!

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Clare said...

LOL - word verification is "beday". How appropriate!

I love your argh. I'd leave it exactly as it is. I love the disappearing h.

Belated happy birthday and woo hoo for Alice's first big bed sleepover.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Love the argh! such fun.
I like the horse quilt w/black & white in your previous post, too. The B&W really do set the blocks off nicely.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I like the 2nd Collaboration book too -- I really want to make some flower baskets one of these days and they'll definitely be liberated.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

Ooo, I like your "argh" a lot!

I'm looking forward to getting a special version of Gwen & Freddy's new book for my birthday :- )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home