Monday, May 04, 2009

something else quilty


At the last Clark County Quilters guild meeting I took a look at the charity kits and one bundle called my name. I knew immediately what I wanted to do with the main focus fabric so I brought it home and cut up the panel-pulled colors to work with the squares and did some strip cutting. Today I got back to this started project and completed all the blocks. You could make a top and backing and turn them in at the June meeting- but-once I make a top that I like, I want to have the fun of quilting it as well. I did some birthday fabric shopping a week ago and picked up a lot of black and white and dots fabric. I was moved from the waiting list for a class with Freddie Moran and the class is Freddie.com.....looks like a fun class with curved piecing and plenty of opportunity to play with all my favorite bright eye popping fabrics. My stash was low on dots and low on b/w and we had to go to a quilt shop I do not get to very often. Lucky me they had lots of fabrics I needed.
The black with large white dots was part of what I purchased that day. I happen to agree with Freddie Moran's idea that black and white are perfect to tie bright blocks together with. These blocks would have gone together faster had I not tried to distribute colors and horses evenly. I think it turned out fun and will make some child happy. I have not quite decided how I am going to quilt this yet-but I know it will be something simple and fast.
If you click to enlarge the photo you will see the small black and white dots in the panel also inspired using the larger black/white dotted fabric...it was meant to be!

Alice sleepover photos later in the week- Little Miss Alice Wonderful fans...we all had a grand time together.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:03 AM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

You already know that I'm thrilled that you got into a class...sure beats me and all that money just for the picnic;) but at least I should be able to go for that! Love your dotty horse...very cute! You're amazing Cher...you get so much donated to others, tons of sewing for your own projects and you just survived tax season! Wonderful and amazing!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

What a beautiful quilt. It is so easy to imagine someone's eyes light up when they first see it and find out it belongs to them.

Wow.

Darilyn

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Oh, I can see why this packet called your name. Bright colors and a fun print panel. You know how horse crazy young girls especially can be but it would work well for a boy too!

That b/w dot is just plain fun and a wonderful contrast to the other fabrics you pulled. Hooray for the finished flimsy!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger SandyQuilts said...

Could you give the complete URL for freddie.com .... I tried but that doesn't work.

Love the quilt.

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

fun, cher. and wheeee wahoo, you got in the class!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

You're going to have to give us a full report on that class with Freddy! You're going to have so much fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home