Monday, January 18, 2010

first quilt done for 2010


It was a very busy weekend but I managed to get the binding on this quilt and a photo taken. It was a ufo from last March and I will pop it into the mail tomorrow-it may be a holiday for many businesses, but it's a regular work day for me.

This quilt was a brown bag challenge and I used 99% of the fabric (plus a bit of my own scraps to widen the color range) -the back is from 10.5 inch squares of the various fabrics that were large enough to yield that size. It's an empty bag now and I am happy about that!

Nice to have one ufo off my list and soon out of the h0use. I pulled the FAB challenge fabric and started working on my plan for it. It's a secret until we mail and we are able to open via online chat what we all received. It's an idea I have had for quite a long time and it's great fun to be playing around with the design of it.

Also this week I want to start prepping for my class later this month with Margaret Miller. I have been considering what fabrics to pull from stash that would be fun to work with. I really appreciate being back in the quilting frame of mind and playing with my fabrics.

Make it a joyful day!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Clare said...

It's great to have you back in the quilting world again too.

Congrats on the finish.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger swooze said...

Nice job! Looks great.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congrats on the first finish of 2010! Looking good! :)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

Great quilt--I love it

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

It looks great Cher, glad you got this one off your list.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on your first finish of the year - great job!! I had to laugh at the little face that appears at the top of the quilt .... as it doesn't seem to match the feet that show at the bottom!!!!!
Helen in the UK
fellow HeartString member

 

Post a Comment

<< Home