Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Houston Quilt show photos



I am running late this morning so I will post a few photos and could not locate the quilter info on them-sorry! One is called Bridging the gap and the other is the dancing dead...I took a close up of that fabulous dead quilt-great applique and quilting.

I am managing to sew a little each day on my curve blocks...with 5 left to go-woohoo! I have to celebrate the small steps as I have so much going on right now...I am spending about 30-40 minutes in the garden - as much as my arm/back can tolerate, though thank goodness for drugs to offset even that little bit creating more pain than I like to admit. I will only take over the counter stuff...I hate taking pills and just prefer to deal with the results of my drive to try and get my garden to bed for the winter...we are having a dry spell and I know I need to take advantage-when the rains come..it will be wet world to the max around here...and I will be sorry sorry if I don't jump on what I can outside now.

oops...sidetracked myself there...sorry. I will post a few photos - with luck- every day...I really tried to take only photos of quilts I loved or inspired me..though I had to take a few because either I knew the quilter or my son really admired them.

Many, many quilts were tagged with no photography allowed- all of Paula N's incredible kaleidoscope blocks for example...none allowed....I will track down a link to hopefully share what I am mentioning..like I said...I am running even later now!


Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Two interesting and varied quilts. I love the brights in the 2nd one.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

That day of the dead quilt is really something! I do wish they would allow more photography at some of these shows. If I don't have a photo, it fades from my mind too quickly.
Sorry to hear you're still in so much pain. Hope it goes away soon!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

What fun! These two are great, look forward to seeing more !!!!And P.S. Holly posted that she's going to be grandma!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home