Wednesday, December 14, 2005

and how the quilting went

I was stitching a center line down the middle of the flying geese and had the hardest time-broke two needles before realizing I had my walking foot on wrong. sigh. Of course once I fixed that, the quilting was much easier! I decided to outline quilt the flying geese triangles. Now that is time consuming but, I think worth it. I am doing red thread on the red flying geese first. It is slow going and boy is this quilt heavy with batting added to the two layers of flannel (top and bottom). I realized this is the first large flannel quilt I have done with batting doing the quilting myself. And, it's going to be the last...at least that is what I am saying now lol.

Well, I can squeeze in fifteen minutes of quilting this am before leaving for work-so I am out of here.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Granny said...

I've had my walking foot on wrong before (and will probably do it again!). You gonna share a picture of the quilt when it's finished?

Judy L.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Cher said...

yes, I will plus the backing too-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home