Thursday, March 09, 2006

Baby, it's cold out there!


Doesn't this make you want to join me in a hot cup of cocoa?? It snowed during the night-not that I noticed...but this morning-sure is white outside! Zoe loves running around madly in this stuff-we have had one morning adventure over at the park already..with no doubt another one this afternoon if she gets her way. This is my view out over the kitchen sink. The only window that faces the front of our street. The deck extends to just past that window below the wind chimes on the left. The spot under the window is Zoe's favorite sunning spot when the weather warms up. That window is my view from the sewing room. What I look at while I sit at my sewing machine..from that angle I see into the trees that flank my neighbors yard-pine trees so it's always a green sight. Those chimes are heavy and give a lovely deep BONG sound when the wind really blows. Martie has wind chimes up all over...this has been a good day to stay inside-been working on the ufo for tonight's hand over for help. I just realized I have a class all day tomorrow-the color theory one. I am grateful it is not today-it's just too cozy not to want to stay home and be a hermit. In a few hours I will cook up a nice pot of potatoe/bacon/asparagus soup...perfect for a bone chilling day to warm those bones up. Well, cocoa is gone and the machine is waiting...hugs to those who want them.

11 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Cher,
I miss snow so much! Thanks for sharing the pic! If I were closer i'd have come over and had hot cocoa and quilted with ya! ;O)
Hugs
Laurie

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, what a lovely picture..*VBS* Yes, snow is rare in Oregon..LOL. I remember one time when it snow on the opposite side of the road, but not on our side. I was so disappointed..LOL

I like having my sewing machine facing a window also, mine faces north, so my eyes don't have to deal with sun. It's so neat to look up as I sew, and watch the world go by..*VBS* Sounds like you are having a lovely day at home..*S* Hope you got lots done!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Holly said...

It was fun watching it freshly fall before anything spoiled it. I would have loved to stay home and have cocoa but I had to work after all :(
Holly from your neck of the woods

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Soup is perfect on a wintery day! I'll be looking forward to a report on "color theory."
Jeanne :)

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay warm- and, yum, that soup sounds fantastic!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

Snow? Wow.

Hot soup and a cold day. What fun.

The color theory class sounds great.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Darilyn

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Sounds like a wonderful day... One of my neighbor dogs really loves the snow too - he is a corgi so if the snow is deep he "swims" in it!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Brrr! You can keep your snow. I'll take my 80+ degree March days anyday. Even last week when it was hot and the AC was broken. I just don't "do" cold very well. Which is why I live in Texas!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Granny said...

I'll join you for a cup of cocoa! The sun is shining here and it's fairly warm. We didn't get nearly enough snow this year to suit me.

Judy L.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Nines said...

Had soup, myself. The cocoa sounds good, too, but I mostly stick to tea. My friend sends me Stash tea, so I feel like I'm visting her in Portland! I enjoy the pictures you have taken- love the squares in a square- squared! Very cheerful!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Jan Mac said...

I love to see some snow as we're having unbelievable hot temperatures here. It should be autumn and we're still having 100 degree summer days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home