Monday, August 14, 2006

up early for a play day

Here is my center block for playing in the ostrich round robin-along with several other bloggers in this ring. I woke up early and could not get back to sleep-so have caught up on my reading and commenting-took this photo...oh my, it's upsidedown..LOL..that's what happens BC (before coffee!) It's a block I did back in 1999, maybe January 2000. I made it and then realized I did not have anymore of that cute frog fabric nor the checkered fabric either-these were fqs and I could not even remember where I had found them! I loved this block and as I was a new quilter back then, left it up to make me smile. And, it surely has done that for years! Now that I am a more experienced quilter, I think it's time to "DO" something with this block. I won't be afraid to pull fabrics from my stash and play with it either. I am taking the day off and going to the beach-literally with my son and his gf. She is from Texas and this has been her first experience outside the state-so seeing the Pacific Ocean will be a BIG DEAL! can hardly wait until 9 am when I go pick them up. Ryan brought his dog, Morgan (who really is not fond of mine-way too busy boxer girl) and so I will bring along Zoe too- romping on the beach will be great for the dogs as well as us humans. I finished mending his shorts and handed them back. I have enough time this morning to pull the wonky village and do some stitching before hitting the road. I just may bring it along for working on and let him do the driving! What a devious plan huh? I love hand stitching while someone else drives...and it's about a two hour drive over the "mountain" from here. Plenty of time to get it all done. I chose a new ufo project and was pleased to see it's another 2000 project. I will leave you with this tease, I will post a current photo of it so you can see just how much of a ufo I am starting with! later tonight. This will not be a fast finish LOL.

5 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Melzie said...

Very bright and cheery colors! xoxo melzie

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

Really cute fabrics. It will be very nice when it's done.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

for an early block in your quilting I'm impressed! the points are points, the checked fabric is straight.... Even with practise I struggle some days to get a block that looks that good. It should make a beautiful centre.. so many things will look good with it. :-)

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

I love the star within a star thing... and nice cheery colors too. Cute frogs!

I can hardly wait till Kim gives us the next round... :)

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Hope you had fun at the beach today, sounded like a great plan! I like your center. It's very cheerful. I'll be looking forward to seeing the next UFO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home