Wednesday, February 10, 2010

more on the day off part




Well, the photos in the last post did not move quite where I wanted them, but I think by looking at them you can figure out the front and the back, and how you fold the back up to make the pockets with the hearts . I knew Pam had a featherweight like mine, so I knew the perfect size to make it as of course with my machine I could double check for size. One day I will make one for myself.

In the meanwhile as M has been gone (due home tonight) I set up in the kitchen to have two machines available for use. However, I had not planned for several evenings of being gone on other stuff and as the photo of the pinning of the curve pieces shows...I did not get to the end of that part of the task. I always, always think I can get so much more done when I am home alone. Of course, as you see Zoe in the background sitting- she has only me to take care of her and she is one needy dog. Lots of in and out and play with me time sucks up more time than I ever think it will !!

So, I will sew and pin and by afternoon start cleaning up and returning the kitchen to normal.
I arranged my work schedule to have one whole day off this week instead of shorter hours all week. It was so nice to sleep in - as much as Zoe allowed this morning and be more leisurely in doing everything this morning. A lovely walk with Zoe not having to rush back to get ready for work was much enjoyed by both of us. I have a few errands to run this afternoon and in no time will get a call to go pick up M at the Max station. Our light rail system is great for commuting from the airport to close to home. So much nicer than fighting the traffic out at the airport to pick up incoming folks.

I found perfect backing dinosaur fabric for Miss Alice's upcoming dinosaur quilt- it's washed and the go with fabric too. I am working on a charity quilt using the fw machine, the curve block pieces on the Bernie..and will add in the dinosaur quilt to give myself a break from curve sewing.

Sounds good, right? Well, time to get off the computer and back to enjoying this day.

Oh...and also a photo of what I received from Linda...a wonderful wall hanging !!! it reminds me more of spring than winter despite the "wintery" fabrics :-)


Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

It sounds like you have a wonderful day off planned minus the cleaning up part, LOL. Necessary evil though I guess.

Hope you make good progress with both of your projects.

I borrowed your graphic to put up on my blog since I forgot to take the picture of it finished.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

I'm really liking those circle blocks!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home