Thursday, January 26, 2006

butterfly photo and ufo photo

Laurie Ann- the only photo I have is about half of the top before I added the borders. The photo includes me holding it up on one side :-) This quilt was started in 1999 and finished in 2005-my oldest ufo. A lovely long story goes with this quilt, which I will post another time. If memory serves, there are 23 different butterfly fabrics in the blocks and 2 additional ones as part of the 3 borders, with another different one as part of the back. Yes, yes- I must take more photos...but, it's raining hard and taking photos of it on our bed never look all that great.
New photos will have to wait for sunny weather and helpers.
Here is the ufo I could not find this morning- it proved to be out in the garage in one of the many bins of stash that currently can not fit into the house proper.
I found the fabric on my personal shop hop of quilt shops between San Antonio and Austin Texas in 2002. I fell in love with the panel and bought go with fabrics all for a friend who used to live in Texas and was expecting a baby girl. I got it going and then found out she was not interested in having a quilt from me-and due to many other factors we drifted apart as friends. So this ufo was put away until almost a year ago when I decided to play with it again. My dil was admiring it and I said I would keep it in case she had a baby girl-and she was pretty happy about that comment. Of course life happened and it was put away again. Now with their baby due in June/July ish... I want to finish it and make another more boy oriented one too...then I have another quilt idea for the new baby too...after all a new grandchild simply can not have too many quilts!

7 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

Glad you found your UFO, happy stitching.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I love the friendship star top. Very pretty.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Lovely - are the butterflies all small scale? I really like the simplicity of the blocks repeating...

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Thanks for posting the picture of the butterfly quilt! It's great! I can't wait to get a chance to work on mine.

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those friendship stars really twinkle! Love it :-)

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

I really like how the colors wash across the quilt.You go with those UFO's

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That butterfly quilt is lovely! Can't wait to see more of it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home