Wednesday, January 18, 2006

over the edge wall hanging

I probably bought this kit in 2003 maybe 2002. The vendor had a wall hanging sample-I am pretty sure they sold out of these kits thanks to it. The kit included the panel over the edge and the oh my ! fabric which you can still purchase at this shop http://www.blockpartystudios.com you might be able to find it online at other places too-this was just the first shop I came across with it. The kit I bought included foundation piecing for all the other elements of the wall hanging-and the packet it came out of is probably buried somewhere in this room. We made it in November 2003 I know-major travel trips dates stay in my mind as I don't travel outside of the States all that often. It would not be hard to sit down and draft those border elements when I look at it now. I can still recall the great fun Tracy and I had that day making ours...running out of our favorite bits from her stash or the bits I had brought with me-and moaning over why I did not bring more of some of it, or why she didn't have more purple for example. She had half a bin of brights..and only because she had been making bright quilts and sending them to me. I hit it hard while I was there, making up a charity top to bring back home. Nothing beats visiting your best friend and sewing your brains out in their quilt studio!

4 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

My Mom and I always plan lots of sewing time when we visit - my sisters join us if they can. Occasionally we get all 5 of us together and it's lots of fun but usually its only 3 of us.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Cher,
That's what I miss about MN...quilting with my sisters! OH the fun we used to have!
Hugs
Laurie

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, my family are spread all over the world and I'm the only quilter! I do love the get-togethers with my friends which we do twice a month - love those sewing days!

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

Isn't quilting a great way to visit... somehow no one needs to fill every silence if you're busy quilting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home