Wednesday, March 01, 2006

vacation fabric that followed me home

Isn't this cute? It's called It's a Jungle out there







and the rest are the fabrics laid out that I could not resist! They all are much brighter in person *vbg* I found some on sale lower case alphabet fabric that is in there and the bright tone on tone green picks up a green shade in that.

I bought the various fabrics featured above the rainbow stars to make a baby quilt for a friend. I already have a pattern idea and will be making it small sized. I also brought home the green and blue quilt my sister bought and will attach a sleeve and label once I raid my stash for a suitable fabric. I like the pattern and will probably make something similar to it and use up more of my flannel stash-that large block is perfect for flannel.

I played with wonky letters this afternoon-once I dug in, they started going fairly well. I have two words done, many more left to do of course. Still, not bad for my first day back home-with all the many errands and so on to tackle it felt good to squeeze in some quilty time too.

I am off the hook for cooking supper tonight-sounds like time to get off the computer and go eat.

8 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

looks like some good finds to me! welcome home.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

can't wait to see what you make with all these fabrics.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Tracey said...

Oooooooooooh!!! Pretty pretty fabrics!!! Whatcha gonna make??

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, welcome home!! Good to have you back..not that you were totally missing, but you know what I mean..*VBG*
Love the fabrics! You did good in your picks...they should be lots of fun to work with. Hopefully some sunshine followed you home, and the gray skies are movin' on.
But having lived in Oregon for just over a year, on the west side of the Cascade Range, I know how much it can rain...LOL..too much ! Hugs, Finn

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

What cheerful, bright and happy fabrics.

It'll be fun to see what you make.

Darilyn

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Pink and Barbara said...

Nice fabrics!

Barbara

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you had fun shopping!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Great fabrics, Cher -- now tell me, did you finish your February Goals - notably, the "Empty the large scrap bin", or are you adding to it? vbg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home