Sunday, February 19, 2006

wrapping up the weekend

Did I mention hand quilting? I did three rows of stitches before realizing I was on the wrong part...took those out and backed up to the right place...and now I finally finished my first row of fans.
I am choosing to not mark and do this free hand...and have to go look at Bonnie's and Tonya's fan quilted quilts to see about starting the next row...it's so great to have online quilter blogs to go visit and be able to see when you get stuck on a quilty something.

Did I mention visiting with my brother and his family? yep- a rousing loud and hilalous card game was enjoyed by all...we do know how to have fun- off to a great dinner at the Outback and then back for another game-along with playing some pool and darts. My sister and I are about equal in the skill of dart playing- with a lot of giggling and laughing we played through a game -probably setting a record for taking the longest time to finally end the game-I managed to win.
Then baby brother had to give us a lesson in the finer points of throwing...needless to say there was much discussion on it until he beat me in about oh, two minutes. dang, what a dart shark!

Cody's big brother, Brandon was around when Cody's quilt arrived via the mail. I am told there were many comments of how he could use a warm quilt for his new apartment and even my brother told me HE was sorry he was only getting a wall hanging - apparently Cody's quilt made quite the hit with him as well. So now of course I have told my sil I will make Brandon a quilt...but I am holding off telling my brother the same thing...guess a few additional family quilts are going to move up on my quilt making list.

Today was girls out shopping day- furniture shopping that is. We visited a few places before deciding to go explore Ikea. There is not an Ikea close to where I live back home- what an adventure that store was for me. Lots of fun walking all over and checking out everything.
I found a great wine rack to take home and a new pillow to try out tonight. Between hand quilting and working on a jigsaw puzzle the evening was very quiet and relaxing.
Now to go track down the next step on this quilting...

3 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Sounds like you're having a great time on your vacation with your family. I need to get over to my sisters sometime this year and maybe see if my brothers can meet me there. She lives about central to all of us so is the perfect place to meet. And lots of card playing goes on when we get together, too.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Oh Cher, it does sound like fun..*VBS* I'm soooo glad you needed to make this trip, even if it wasn't what you thought you wanted to do..LOL. Such good memories to have, and time for lots of fun with your siblings..*S*

It'll be good to have you back home, but I'm happy that you are enjoying where you are..*G*

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Sounds like you are having fun. I leave to visit my Mom and sister on Wed. I'm looking forward to it too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home