Thursday, February 16, 2006

what is the real time anyway?

I flew from the west coast to the eastern side of the States-Georgia to be exact..and now I am trying to adjust my body clock to the "real" time here. My sister scheduled spa day to kick off my visit today...but truthfully, I wish it was tomorrow. I would go back to bed gladly right now.

The boys are off at school and it's so quiet right now. Her dog is of course keeping her company-so no Zoe bugging me to do the next thing. I know she is wondering where the heck I am. Our phone went out of order right before I left yesterday-I warned M but...it was still not working when I called in last night. Of course her cell wasn't on either. I sent an email. Some times communicating long distance can be frustrating. Meanwhile I had no trouble im'ing with a quilting buddy last night *vbs*

With my mom gone now, my sister and I were joking about those Mom traits emerging from us in terms of behavior. Not anything new in a way- just more poignant with her gone now. She wants to spend some time talking about old shared memories..we always talk so much about everything anyway-not a problem.
Nancy- my mom died last year too- what a thing to have in common with other people. I never quite "got" it until that moment-my last parent gone...

So, no quilt photos for a while and about the only quilty news is showing off Texas baby to my sister-who said whoa! you are hand quilting ALL THAT ??? oh, yeah, for the new grandbaby.
Then of course I got the teasing over bringing anything quilty to work on - but hand work is a whole nother thing than machine work.

The problem with telling folks about your blog- you can not write about things you are working on for them here...so ....the "other" project I brought along proved too challenging to work on during the plane ride. I pretty much zoned on my ipod (hate the earphones I brought-item added to shopping list) and did su doku puzzles.

Ok- my life is not my own while visiting..at least this morning...I have 40 minutes to get ready to go face the world..

Life is good:

a loving sister
a loving partner who put surprises in my luggage
2 teen age nephews who smile when they see me
falling asleep immediately
plenty of morning coffee

thanks to Jeanne and Darilyn for inspiring me to actually write these and not just think them

off to kick off the first day of "vacation"...

10 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Pam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still green with envy, enjoy your spa day treat. It is wonderful that Patti could be on vacation while you are there, sister time...wonderful!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

Happy vacation Cher.

Your list made me smile, too. We used to travel on business and we used to put things in each other's luggage. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed that.

I hope you have a wonderful visit.
Hugs.
Darilyn

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Finn said...

HiHo there in Georgia..so glad you landed safely..*VBS* Sorry to have been missing again..but I scanned most of what you wrote..nice colors to read by the way..*S* The blooming nine patch looks awesome. And I think it's great so much was stash material..good job!

What a sweetie your Zoe is..and alot of fun I'll bet.
Have a wonderful visit with your sister, and drop me a line if you get a chance..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Enjoy your visit to Georgia! Sorry we aren't going to get a chance to meet up while you are here.

Have fun at the spa. I could use a massage at this point myself.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Debra Dee said...

Your vacation sounds like it is off to a great start. It will be exciting to live vicariously through you and be on vacation too.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Glad you got there safely Cher. Have a wonderful visit with your sister!

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Cher,
Nothing better than hanging with family!!!
Hugs
Laurie

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope that spa day is wonderful!

enjoy your visit.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

Today I hope you're sitting and quilting drinking a big picture of sweet tea. ;)

Darilyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home