Monday, July 31, 2006

photo delay

thanks to Kim (http://www.peachquilting.com) for this super image!
Yes, I am joining in on Vickie's challenge to not buy for the month of August...thanks Vickie!

I would post a photo of the finished wedding quilt...really...but my son has not emailed it to me yet!
the rascal. being a new dad, do you suppose he is too busy?? whenever it shows up...I will post it- meanwhile it is now being used by it's new owners who were thrilled to get it. I still have not cleared my photo card either-it's been hectic lately.
It was a great quilty weekend however for me. I spent Saturday cutting scraps and enjoying Patti's company. I got to see many tops in person that were photos on her blog.
And we got lots done too! The next day I finished the stitching and label on the wedding quilt and a swaddling blankie for Alice. So off we went to deliver these gifts...plus I made strawberry shortcake as a dessert for my son. We bought wonderful fresh strawberries that morning from the local famers market...can not beat farm freshly picked berries! I love this time of year-so many wonderful fresh fruits and produce to enjoy.
Today I picked up two guild raffle blocks to piece. We are working on 2007's quilt already-and it should be another gorgeous quilt too. Pieced baskets with applique...I forget if they are flowers or something else. At any rate, I signed up for the piecing part.
It's been a long day and so I am not doing any stitching tonight- trying to catch up on blog reading-and just relax.
I am always surprised at how working with numbers can make a person so tired! LOL...not every night...but it sure did tonight.

The last day of July. Recap on July goals tomorrow...August goals...well, I have until the morning to sort those out-right?
Calling it a night for now.

Life is Good!
holding my precious granddaughter Alice who looks up at me with those huge dark eyes
and I swear smiles at me.
shopping for little girl clothes...a novel experience to a mom of sons
watching the swallows play in the field, swooping and looping around
a cool crisp morning walk

3 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

the picture will come.... no rush

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

can't wait to see the completed project, Cher and catch up with you sometime online. That part hasn't been easy lately.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Awwww, are we going to get to see granddaughter pix soon?

And good luck on the no-buying pledge! I wonder if the fabric stores will notice our boycott at all?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home