Tuesday, July 25, 2006

will this post?

Computer life has taken a mighty strange turn for the worse! When I click on the ring list or the next/previous button-I get a white page saying error! Now, I confess, I don't have many blog urls memorized-ok, like only 2 ! so this slows down the visiting/reading/commenting quite a bit. Is it blogger? Is it my computer? This is one of those moments when I seriously question my tolerance for such frustration-it would be so much easier to ignore this computer and live my life offline! No, no....too many dear people are there-I am going to try uploading the very first before photos...of the backyard. Then in the next post...the current status. I have no idea if blogger will post anything I am writing/uploading. Maybe it's me...I went to record my games later today and all I got was the TO BE ANNOUNCED on the channel and time slot for them..I recorded one 2 hour block anyway but it would not allow me to tape the next one. It's a double header game night= sheesh! I am feeling picked on here....my whinge for the day. nope, won't load any photos....I will try later ....

8 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

and technology was supposed to make our lives easier -- remember that selling feature? I bought it, now I know it just changes the probelms! Hope today blogger and the networks play nicer for you. :-)

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I get the same error when trying to link from either the Stash Quilts ring or the Mavericks ring no matter whose site I try from. So must be a problem with the ring hosting site.

Luckily I have all the blogs I check listed on my bloglines. If you need links to check blogs from they're all in my side bar on my blog which you should be able to get to by clicking on my name and going thru my member profile.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

I don't like being dependent on a machine to keep me in touch with all the people I want to talk to but once the world is opened to us, we can't shut the door, can we? Good luck posting.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Doubt it is just you, Cher--same here but like Nancy, I've bloglines to fall back on if I don't want to do "the ring"....my

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Doesn't look like the ring links are working. I'm glad I took the time a couple weeks ago to set up bloglines! It saves me time anyway as I don't visit sites that haven't update.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Finn said...

'tisnt you my dear, not at all. Blogger, Google and even Yahoo are all having their problems. I got the error messages most of Monday, some on Tuesday. Clicking on things took you no where, fast! I just gave up and sewed...LOL

Something big must have crashed somewhere!

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I have been having no end of grief with Yahoo this past week - so all can't be right in the electronic world - you are just fine - blame it on the machinery!

Do check out bloglines! It is a real time saver and once you start using it, you will love it!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

Bloglines is the way to go. I have been unable to get online for a couple of days and am just realizing how much time I spend online! Still, I love the instant communication and definitely wouldn't like to go back to a non-computer world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home