Sunday, November 25, 2007

life has been quilty!

The disappearing nine patch-again...here is the beginning nine patch block, then the cut up version of the block.

I spent this last week in 15 to 30 minute increments working on this top, today I was able to put in enough time that just after midnight the top was completed. I am very happy with this top, both in terms of using only fabric from my stash and how well a fast and easy pattern turned out. No borders as it is 62 3/4 by 71 inches already- plenty big enough for a "lap quilt"! I had just enough of the gold to do this top and most of the green is also gone. The backing is a tone on tone purple cotton-extra wide, so no seams. My longarm gal called today to let me know the quilt is done and we will exchange that finished quilt for this top on Tuesday night at guild. She is ahead of schedule- and now I am actually a bit ahead. The backing is squared and pressed- I did it ahead of the top. I just need to find binding fabric and have that ready. I am sure the person receiving this gift is going to really like it. Now to tackle those guild blocks tomorrow!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

I really like that disappearing nine patch pattern. Great choice of colors too.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

This quilt looks so cozy and warm. I printed off the tutorial for this block too -- I hope to make one in the new year.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love your choice of colours in this one! A gift from stash--excellent! And did I read that you are ahead of schedule with the christmas gifts/quilts? Well done!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger cityquilter grace said...

yes, the colors are an unusual combo but work very well...good job

cityquilter grace

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger atet said...

Ooooh -- just lovely!

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

I love that look. I think that I may have a few 9-patches or so that could use a little pick-me-up....

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Jade said...

I love the way the gold ties the other two patterned fabrics together so well. That pattern looks fun!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Love the colours you have used in this. The green retreats to become a background leaving the 'butterly' shapes to be more prominent :)

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Yes, this pattern is sure one of my favorites. Love to see what comes out. Definitely on my list to do.

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Sorry it took me so long to get over here to tell you how well the quilt turned out.

How can you go wrong with purples? The soft green is such a nice contrast with the other print fabric. Good that the longarmer can get this in for you for gift giving time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home