Thursday, June 04, 2009

vacation stuff





I have been on the go during my sister's visit with us and then back to work life has been even busier. I am spending far less time at the computer and much more time outside when it is not 91 degrees! It was our high yesterday and oh my-trying to keep hydrated and keep plants watered even with a sprinkler system has been challenging. Oregon late spring is so often exactly like this, rain and coolness then like flipping a switch, we are in the high temperature numbers. It goes from don't plant we still may have a freeze to oh no...hurry and plant and beat the heat.

anyway-I am finally uploading a few vacation fun photos. a photo of my sister and myself. a photo of her modeling my sewing efforts-my version of "wrist warmers" inspired by the local Saturday Market where we saw some truly fabulous works of art ones and butterfly pants like Alices-in Patty size.

When we were visiting Alice I was told her favorite pants are now the butterfly ones I made-months ago. Patty spoke right up wanting a pair too. I actually had a pattern for jammie pants that worked out great. M got a pair too in a different flannel fabric-all from stash.




Stash is good for stuff other than quilts!

And last of all, Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach where my sister and I spent the night on our own-a special time together just the two of us.

Next post I will get back to other stuff going on...but not much in the quilting mode.

I am having issues getting these photos where I wish...oh well...got to dash off and get ready for the day job.
Enjoy your day!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

Darling photo of both of you! At first glance, I thought you'd broken both of Patty's wrists putting her to work in either the garden or quilting room ;) Thank heavens they are just wonderfully creative and warm wristlets! Those would actually be great for keeping quilting arms warm and less prone to tendinitis, as well! Glad you are having so much fun..what great hosts you and M. are!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

Imagine that, using fabric for something other than a quilt! Radical notion. ;)
Glad you have been having such a great time with your sister.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Clare said...

We've been having really high temps too. Teh veg patch has been frazzled!

Great photos of you both. Glad you had such a wonderful time together.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Sounds you like have had a great visit with your sister. The pants and hand warmers are way cool.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

LOL, I have to say, like Michelle, that I thought Patty had casts on both wrists too but then remembered that she was modeling the hand warmers and jammie pants. Silly me!

Did you get your hair cut or was it just pulled back?

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

Oh my, the two of you look so much alike! Your pics are great! So glad you had a wonderful time together. ;-)

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

It's hard to make time to do everything we need or want to do! If I'm sewing I'm not on the computer and vice versa. Oh well, such is life.

Glad you and your sister had such a good time together. What a treat!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

What fun you had. Best wishes to the two of you---

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Fun photos of good times! Priceless! Cheers! Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home