Thursday, November 05, 2009

close up photos...



One of the things I did at Houston was take close ups of quilts that really caught my eye-in terms of being able to examine the stitching and fitting together of the quilt-all my photos by the way will enlarge if you click on them. Again, I have not tracked down the name of the quilter.

The zipper quilt was part of a special exhibit...I really need to pull my notes out!
I think a day of wrapping up should be granted when you come home from vacation-there just never seems to be enough transition time between coming home from a trip and diving back into work and home life.

I have finished my circle blocks-step 0ne. Now for some serious pressing time to be able to start pinning for the next step. Actually these are pie shaped "blocks", the half way mark of the finished blocks. However, I have arranged them as circles on the design wall for fun. In fact I have arranged them in all sorts of improbable arrangements, just to have that color play and shape to enjoy as I plodded through the stitching of the curves. Once these parts are all pressed, comes the real fun of arranging them with the middle "bow tie" shape piece and see how I want my blocks to go together.

And speaking of time zooming by all too fast:
No matter what, I am making sure I do some stitching each morning-five minutes is better than none and right now some days/evenings that is all I can manage.

Rain is supposed to hit us today and last for several days..ugh. Yesterday was so beautiful with colored clouds as the sun faded - pinks and deep rose-feathered clouds...it looked like a painting.

Working out in the yard until the light faded was such a pleasure. I don't mind raking leaves in the non-rain!


Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

Close-ups really do make a difference! These are both very fun quilts.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Some sewing is always better than none, however short or long. Sewing in spurts works!

I find that I can't keep at it very long with what I am currently doing either. But we'll keep on plugging, right?

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

Great photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home