Sunday, November 08, 2009

current project photo


I was so excited when I finished those curved parts and spent time putting the pieces up on the design wall. As you can see....I am missing some curved parts....and have another 18 "bowtie" (the middle piece) cut waiting for their curved parts. Oops!!! Clearly I did NOT cut all my curve pieces out.

Sigh. I always keep all left over fabrics from a current project together, so it's not a problem to pull that bag out and cut more. I just feel deflated that I am not as far along as I had first thought.

As long as I have to cut more , I am also cutting 1.5 inch strips for my dil and the postage stamp swap-so it's become a cutting marathon.

My dil so liked my hexagon project that she asked for a pattern to make a hexagon wall hanging herself. And, because of course she has zero fabric, and I have more than enough- I am cutting strips for her project to include with the pattern - all of which I hope to send off tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

What a bonus to discover this about her-I have already sent my Janome Gem machine to her as she also wants to sew clothing. My sons have married creative and charming women. I feel so lucky to have both of them for dil's.

I am cutting some new fabric too for the curve parts..may as well use more fabrics that I bought for it as long as I have to cut anyway.

I am delighted to have this up on my design wall - just the balance to the gray rainy stormy weather that has arrived and seems to be staying around.

More Houston photos to come...for now it's back to cutting and doing laundry.
It's a relaxing Sunday- hope yours is the same!


Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I do the same thing, Cher---keep the fabrics together for the current sewing project as much as possible as you never know when you need more, as you did or mis-cut something and need more yardage.

The only time that backfires is when I have to put the whole thing aside for a time and then clutter happens.

I am loving how this looks! Fun quilt!

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

I am loving this quilt! It's so much fun to look at. :)
And how great to have dil's who share interests with you and are generally great people. Must feel very good.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

those are such happy circles

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

I want to make blocks like that some day too :-)
Yours looks great!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

How nice to get along so well with your DIL's and to have one interested in sewing too.

I see you're doing some curved piecing too. I'm doing some by hand and sometime in the coming year am going to give curved piecing by machine a shot too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home