Saturday, March 13, 2010

the beginning of Sisters and class with Gwen



most of the photos are uploaded- however..I am going to take my time and several posts to share the most wonderful experience so far this year in my quilting adventures.

A view from the front yard of our friends home we were staying at while we played in Sisters.
Too bad I waited until the last morning as the clouds block the other two mountains of the trio of mountains that are so stunning to look at. It is their "vacation" home and doesn't see as much use as they would wish, we have a pretty open invitation to use it whenever-my immediate response was we could drive up every other month easily for a weekend. I had the huge dining room table for my sewing space and the small sun room as my ironing station. I used the kitchen granite counter as my cutting area and the quilting went extremely well. I neglected to take any photos while I was working there, but imagine a colorful mound of scraps which I then organized into similar sizes and the sewing was a joy.

And a photo of Gwen Marston and I. She is the most warm and friendly woman...a fabulous teacher and a lovely person. She gave M and I a huge group hug and was just tickled to swap stories with us.

The next post will feature what I created that first night in our new home. That would be Saturday- class began on Monday.

Kirstin of knitonequilttoo was in the same class and will be sharing photos as well in due time.
It was so delightful to spend time with a fellow liberated blogger and meet her friend Sarah too.
And, there was also a fellow facebook quilter in class with us as well- I knew her name was familiar but didn't connect it until I was back home..thanks Kim! for the post to help me sort that out. It's a very small world sometimes...


Labels:

9 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

It's amazing indeed and wonderful to meet you, Cher. I am so jazzed and hand-stitched a liberated block yesterday when I was out and about! Wooohooo...I know I can do it. Thanks for sharing your scraps and your wealth of knowledge. When my blocks are done, the quilt will have special meaning to me! Next time you are in town, please let me and Kristin know. We would love to hang out and stitch :D

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Have you come back down to earth yet?

Can't wait to see what you created.

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Twisted Quilts said...

I am leaving today for a week in Texas with Gwen. I could not be more excited. I have worked with her before and as you say she is so warm and friendly. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your week.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

You must still be on a high from your lovely trip, Cher. Look forward to your other pictures.

Pat's seatmate on the plane back east pointed out where the three Sisters peaks were and she came back to show me. Slightly different angle than your shot of them.

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

what a beautiful part of the country, but even more - wheee!!! so fun to see you and Gwen!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Cathi ONeill said...

Kristin and Sarah are great aren't they? I love to meet up with them when I am visiting my parents in Bend, so if you come up to Sisters during the summer, I hope we can meet up! My brother might be moving away from Portland, so might not be there like the other time we met up!

I am so jealous of the Gwen Marston classes in Sisters, would love to take a class from her!

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

What a gorgeous photo of the Sisters countryside, Cher! You are lucky to be within reach of such a beautiful quilting meca like Sisters! It sounds like your retreat/workshop was perfect and that you made some great new quilting friends as well! There is nothing better than creativity to rejuvinate the soul. I look forward to hearing more about your week in Sisters.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Kristin Shields said...

Yes, it was lovely to meet you Cher! What a great class. I'm finally getting my photos organized and will post soon.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Marit said...

It sounds like so much fun and great company too!! Please share more of your workshop with us...

; )

Thank you also for your nice visit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home