Thursday, December 22, 2005

wrestling with computer stuff

Tuesday night I tried to fix my links to add a ring logo...and obviously failed. I missed checking the preview before accepting, so, now I can't go back to how it started. I hate following what appear to be simple directions and in computer land, a seam ripper doesn't undo the damage. I have appealed for help-but, so far-no luck.

Last night I ignored the sewing room entirely in favor of watching a movie with my honey. That bonding time is as important as quilting-although it took some will power :-)

This am I put another line of quilting in. The clock is ticking on reaching my goal of being able to take it to the beach and work on the binding. I may end up working into the night Friday despite myself. Tonight family is coming over- both my sons and daughter-in-law. Cozy and as we will be gone on Christmas day- a chance to celebrate together. Quilts for both of them are on the 2006 goal list...one wants another 49er theme quilt (that would be the football team from San Francisco) and the couple could use a throw for their couch. They are also expecting...that I Spy quilt template may come out of storage and finally get put to use. Although I actually intend that quilt to be given at a later date- so perhaps something more baby-ish first. I have a cute pink themed one in the works...which suits a possible grand daughter...and I never lack for boy themed fabric in my stash.

I am spending New Year's Day quilting- with the intent that I will have put in a lot of cutting/kitting time before hand. Hmmm, sounds good huh? Whether I actually find time to do prep remains to be seen. I may just pull the scrap bin up and spend the day working on using as much of it up as possible. What a concept. I need about a month of doing that!

Ok- if I push, I could squeeze in some more quilting this am....off to give that a go...

3 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

congrats on getting the button to work! and welcome to the ring.

I hear ya on the 49ers quilt - I survived doing a Jets quilt.

Ahhh the joy of making a baby quilt - or several! I just did one for a baby of unknow sex - mostly 30's novelties mixed with other novelties - both masculine and feminine and both - yellow border... 3.5 inch squares - charm style.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Cher,
Welcome to Stash Busters. It's a motivating group!
Hugs
Laurie

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Hi Cher! Nice to have you join Stash Busters! Looking forward to inspiration and sharing lots of stash quilts in 2006!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home