Monday, March 13, 2006

Monday catch up

No photos today...my server has been blinking in and out today-just my luck it would go out in the midst of uploading a photo.


What I really wanted to post was my potato and leek soup recipe-as it was quite the hit at my house. Jeanne had asked how it turned out as well-
I pulled this from cooks.com and left out the onion as M is not partial to that. I used a lot more potatoes too-and I didn't puree it either...I mashed the potatoes instead...it's whatever consistency you favor right?
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1648,132178-250193,00.html

Warning: this requires much more stirring than I gave it...or else much more of a gentle simmer...I have been known to cook at too high of a temp-but I was in a hurry :-)
and remember I also threw in chopped up asparagus-and four or so strips of bacon too,which was quite yummy. Each time I reheated some (lots and lots of leftovers at my house) I would add just a bit more milk to get it the right stirring medium- or use water if you like. At any rate, M has asked for more soup as a supper meal and I will be happy to do that as long as this weather stays on the cool side.
I do like changing recipes around and having fun working with what is fresh in season or what my taste buds are clamoring for...it can be as much fun as changing a quilt pattern around.

I have done all sorts of boring things around the house today- I finally cleared all the stuff that was stacked in front of my stash shelves in the fabric room. It's going to be fun to actually be able to get to those shelves now and do more folding and purging. I like doing spring cleaning-but it's like quilting-I always want to be on to the next thing before I am quite finished with the current task :-)
I have been hand quilting every night-we watched two movies over the weekend and I would own both of these given a chance-Elizabethtown and Edge of America. I think I am nearing the one third done mark...but at least it's progress.
I will try and clear some space and give you a peek at the ufo I am getting help with. For now I am enjoying reading all the various blogs I get a chance to visit and thanks for all the wonderful photos and inspiration of sharing what you are doing!
I do appreciate all my online friends!


5 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Cher said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Your soup sounds yummy, especially with the new 18" of snow from yesterday!1

And getting bak into the sewing room, Hurray for that! Seems like I almost NEVER leave the sewing room...my personal rut...Hugs, FInn

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

The soup sounds great! I love using asparagas as often as possible when it is in season. Yummy!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I love how flexible soup can be - my DH is a wonderful soup maker - he will often puree 1/2 of the soup and then add it back into the pot. Yummmmm!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

Isn't it amazing how potato soup "grows" and creates many meals? I tickles me to cook it once and have it for several meals adding milk as it reheats each time.

I don't put onion in mine, either. My favorite is just plain, but I do enjoy adding corn and making "corn chowder," too.

I bet your stash looks so pretty today. I can just imagine all the colors on a gray day.

Darilyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home