Saturday, August 19, 2006

rotten day so far

It's been a hectic and busy week-the only thing I managed to finish up was the mending for my son and my partner. This morning I cleaned off the sewing table and the ironing board and pulled out a guild block kit I wanted to make up. I signed up for 2 and they have been sitting waiting. They are due Tuesday night. I figured, better to get them done and then I can do the next quilty project on my goal list. I read the directions and sew a strip to another strip with drawn lines for hsts. I cut them apart - but I am short one. Hmmm, I call the gal that put them together-and I had done it wrong. drats! She gives me her address and says to drop off the screwed up kit and she will replace the now wrong parts and drop it back off at my house. I still have another kit to work on. I did a few errands on the way to/from her house and by the time I get home-I am feeling pretty ill. double drats. I would sew except I think I am too ill to do it right. The way my tummy is, I am afraid to take anything-so, I have caught up reading my emails and some other computer reading I needed to do. I am going to make the rounds and have some ginger ale for my tummy. I will take a nap next if the ginger ale doesn't help- I never nap unless I am feeling ill..but it sure is sounding good right now. Hopefully this is a short lived situation-I really have no patience for feeling/being ill. There is just too many fun things to be doing instead! I spoke with my sister and she is strongly recommending I do NOT make Anthony a quilt. I will just quilt it up and put it aside then. Ok, off to read what you all have been up to or are doing now...

6 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

I know there's a 24 hour thing around here... hope yours passees even more quickly :-)

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather---NOT the way to spend that weekend off!

Hope it just something transient in nature.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Sorry about the guild block -- some days just go like that -- that's probably what made you sick! (vbs)

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Gail said...

Get better, being under the weather is not only not fun, it gets in the way of fun and important things....like sewing! I hope this passes quickly.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Hope it was a very short-lived bug and already on it's way to gone!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hope you are feeling back to yourself today, and that it was just a tummy rumble that passed quickly. Hugs for feeling better soon, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home