Monday, November 26, 2007

guild blocks


I would have made more, but, I ran out of both light blues-so I stopped at four blocks- this block is called the churn dash- simple, with lots of potential. The guidelines were cream and blues..with the cream as the background. I think I wandered into the more coffee than cream on two of them..but I like the contrast! More stash used up too. This gives me 4 chances to win blocks...I have not played in ages-but I could not resist this block. So, I am hoping I win! Next up: cutting and putting together the binding for the quilt that comes home with me tomorrow night. I like turning one in and picking one up..keeps those quilts moving towards that finish line. I finally caved in and ordered a quilting book for myself. I decided it was unlikely that either one of my sons would actually look at my amazon wish list and buy something on it-so I went ahead and bought Quilting with Style- by Gwen Marston & Joe Cunningham. It is now being carried everywhere with me as I snatch moments to read through it. As a matter of fact, on page 48 is a quilt using these very blocks I just made!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I hope you win the blocks, Cher. A quilt made from creams and blues would be gorgeous! Those blocks present lots of potentials for quilting too!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger atet said...

Lovely blocks -- and I'm going to second that you win the other blocks. Churn dashes are so versatile and those colors are lovely!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

I'm glad you got the quilting with style book for yourself - you deserve it. the book is a treasure and so are you!

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I bought the same book a couple months ago and have really enjoyed it.

I've got a churn dash in my future too but I think mine's going to be free form pieced - I think Gwen Marston has some in her Liberated Quilting book.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Patti said...

That's one of my most favorite books on quilting a quilt. I think I've had it almost since it was published. I know you'll enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home