Sunday, June 08, 2008

a happy Sunday


Aren't these pretty? We had sunshine today and I had heard about Heirloom Rose Gardens, south of where we live out in the farmlands. A relaxing morning of enjoying cups of coffee and breakfast, followed by planting the dozen or so ground cover plants I picked up yesterday to fill in an area in the backyard suitable for under our aspen tree.
Then, it was off to explore this wonderland of roses and enjoy all the beauty. Naturally we ended up choosing two small rose shrubs to come home with us. This photo will enlarge if you click on it, is the miniature rose garden they had. We have had little sun and so many bushes are still in bud-however, there were enough blooming to make it a lovely experience and we look forward to visiting again, with a picnic basket!
I have been able to fit in a fair amount of gardening over the past few weeks and look forward to taking a few photos soon to share. My garden is similar to some of my quilts-many areas remain to be worked on and completed. I have enjoyed working on it over the years and especially after the big remodel of the back and side yard we did a few years ago. Slowly I see my design ideas coming into reality - a bit more each season. This year there are berries on the blueberry bushes and on the strawberry plants...something delicious to look forward to later this season.
The summer class project has grown a bit and I have added a leader/ender project as well-a new challenge of the FABS showed up in my mailbox. Next time I show a photo of the summer class, it will have letters...five are now done and at least six more are needed. It's great to be playing with these new projects when it's too dark to garden!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:13 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

AHHH the gardening bug has bit you good! Sounds like a lovely day, Cher.

Love the bright squares you are playing with in the first post-- Making a totally "you" quilt.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Ali Honey said...

Beautiful little roses. I hope the ones you bought grow well for you. I'd love to see more photos of your garden progress.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Hi Cher - your M2M quilts are wonderful! I saw them on Pam's site and wanted to tell you they are going to be sooo loved. I love the brights you are using for the summer class. Sounds like you are keeping busy. Thanks goodness it looks like summer may have made her first true appearance just yesterday.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks for posting this picture -- the roses are gorgeous. Can't wait to see the pics of your garden.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Finn said...

The flowers are gorgeous but I thought I was going to see and hear about your summer class project...was that posted earlier? Hugs, Finn

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Those are beautiful! This will be the first year we'll get to enjoy the roses in our yard, since it's the first summer free of the deer munching them down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home