Thursday, July 09, 2009

vacation time !!

gosh...it's been ages since I posted! Alice had a birthday, then other family stuff...getting ready for vacation...leaving for vacation...and here I am on vacation checking in.

We are staying in Bend and I have been enjoying the Stitchin' Post offerings this week. I had a class with Freddy Moran yesterday that was totally delightful. Gwen was teaching next door and popped in to sign books. I had all my books by them with me with the exception of one.
Plus, Gwen admired my small quilt K is for Kindness that I had brought to show fellow quilters-and she recognized Tonya's free form letters right away. She and I made sure we told everyone Tonya's blog address-and Gwen said meeting Tonya was delightful.

Tonight I have the Gee Bend's presentation and tomorrow morning and afternoon lectures to enjoy. I forgot my camera yesterday! but will take it tomorrow for sure. I am using my new laptop without a way to upload photos, so that will all have to wait until Sunday night if I find time.

Life is good! Meeting up with a few fellow bloggers on Saturday...we are meeting at 10 am in front of the library...look for me in the tyedye dress...bright and bold. We plan on being there early and leaving after lunch time. Hope to meet up with Bonnie and friends at the park-if we can find them!!!
I plan on actually doing some sewing in my hotel room tonight...it's been too much fun enjoying the sights to do any sewing up to now. There is just so much going on to enjoy seeing and doing around here.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Sounds like fun! enjoy *soaking it all* in :)

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

I sure hope you'll make the time to give us a full report - with pictures!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Twisted Quilts said...

I know I shouldn't be but I am so green with envy. Please forgive me! What a thrill to see Freddy and Gwen. What did you do in Freddy's class? Please take pictures of the Gee's Bend Quilts to share with us.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

Wonderful--wish I could be there

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Green with envy. Wish I could meet you outside the library tomorrow and meet Bonnie and pals too. Is Gwen and Freddy's picnic tomorrow?

I'll be there in spirit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home