Monday, March 15, 2010

Saturday night kick off


I have done several small fun scrappy quilts and so to warm up and get into the spirit of being liberated and playing - I did this one after we were all settled in and I was set up and ready to sew.
I want to hand quilt with perle cotton all the quilts from this time in Sisters. So I am hand basting them as I go along.

This is 11 inches by 12 inches.

The white fabric started as a fat quarter- and jumping off from a quilt in Gwen's book suggested for our class, Abstract Quilts in Solids I did my idea. I fussy cut the designs to gain the impact I wanted.

Think tone on tone = solid and it works perfectly.

A perfect warm up- just the right amount of time spent and then it was bedtime.

More coming!

P.S.
I am doing Tonya's Amish Abstraction class...I think this small quilt would also work for that class, don't you?

I do have something more from the book she recommended however that will serve as an inspiration too...


Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, Blogger Clare said...

It does work!

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

Such fun! Oh, can you see my little green eyes from here? I knew there was a reason, I couldn't take Gwen's class, too...but I do think you had enough fun for more than two of us! Can't wait to see the photos and hear all about this wonderful experience!!

PS. I'm finally back in Oregon, again. But I'm too tired to let anyone know...sshhhh!!!!

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your quilt looks great - wonderful border fabric.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

so much fun--keep up the good work

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

fun! I love that printed showcase fabric - works great.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Millie said...

I love this little block! That print is a perfect addition!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home