I finished up Max's cloth book and as wonky as it turned out, decided not to make anymore for him. These panels seem never to be printed straight of grain, or even straight anything!
So, I pinned the remaining 3 panels up on the design wall for further thoughts. I decided one would work as a donation quilt, by cutting apart the "pages".
And, once I did that, I took a photo. I thought I would share my process here, in case anyone else has had a similar frustrating experience. So, rather than use the entire panel as a back for example or throw it away, another idea, that seemed pretty darn appealing-I cut one of the panels apart into the "pages" and here is how I "laid" them out for the overall quilt top idea.
You can see I arranged them by page number so page 1 and 2 go across the top and so on.
The target size of the donation quilt I want to make is 40 inches across, 60 inches length. So,next up was to pull scraps/strips to fill in the rows.
Here is what I came up for the first row:
You can see I found in my stash a nice selection of fabrics to work with the cloth book squares.
I left the row short by the width I want for putting a border around all of the rows once they are done.
I am stopping for the day at this point. Time to go play in the dirt!
I will be back after I get row 2 and maybe row 3 done.
It's great to be working on something new and stretching my creative brain cells a bit!
Labels: being liberated and using the stash, how to turn a cloth book panel into a quilt top, start of new donation quilt