Wednesday, January 25, 2006

got this finish in under the wire



here it is, quilted, bound, and labeled. whew...and it's not midnight yet too. This makes my second ufo finish in ten days. I actually have the 3rd ufo done up to the hand stitching of the binding-label is already on. You may not be able to see this quirk..I pulled stash binding-it looked enough so on it went-halfway through (this was donated binding by the way) the size changed. hmmmm-I just made it work, but, that accounts for a more narrow section in parts of it.

This quilt as well as the next scrappy one go to the charity I support. I practice my free motion quilting (using my bernie) on them and it's been a long time since I have done any free motion...the stippling looks pretty wobbly and I can't blame not wearing my glasses either! I was able to stay with it today long enough to get through both quilts. I didn't take a photo of the blue hearts flannel backing-as it is all the same one piece of fabric...same applies to second scrappy quilt too-different flannel-all one large piece.

Nice to bust more stash and finish a ufo...back to piecing the remaining scraps stitched together into another top...it will be fun to see how many tops I end up with from using up all the scraps I started with from my large bin.

2 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Wow, you are busting that stash. Good job! Can you post a picture of your butterfly quilt? I am thinking of going with the square in square for mine, but haven't done anything yet but put them all in a bin.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Awesome finish Cher!! I really do love that quilt..*VBS* And come on now..it was just PURE fun wasn't it??? No rules to follow, if it's too big, lop it off! Too small, add another piece..right?? Pure play time I think, and it gets those odds and ends and orphans someplace to live..*VBS* Hope you do this again!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home