Monday, January 16, 2006


last night blogger was down-no posting on quilting work...so, after spending most of the afternoon and a good chunk of the evening what did I accomplish yesterday? The bin to the right of the chair was overflowing with scraps...what is in that large bag is garbage-the remaining fabric are large chunks..needing cutting down to usable sizes. Behind the waste basket (the front brown basket) are a few more containers of scraps..pretty much larger pieces-and more recent fabric-again, to be cut down to the scrap usable sizes I want. The sewing table and the ironing board are the result of all that sorting/stitching/pressing/stitching/cutting. At the far left of the table is a clear shoe box filled with strips...and of course the block sections I did complete are up on the design board below and to the right of the wall hanging-left there until I go out to the garage and find a suitable dowel and move it to a better location. The monitor on the table is my new one-I have been too lazy to move it and hook it up. Mostly it is a pain in the butt to change things on my computer desk at the moment. There used to be a small wall hanging to the right of the watercolor by Diane Phalen, on the left of the blind-I gave it to my aunt last summer. I don't do many wall hangings...still have many large quilts on my want to do list...ufo list...so it's likely to stay blank for a while longer.
What you see is about a fourth of my quilting studio..it's an office space taken over by my passion-though I still have my office here too, the desk and a two drawer file cabinet..with another small three drawer unit on top of the file cabinet. I am still stitching on the first bobbin of my two bobbin commitment of time to spend on these scraps without working on anything else.
I am now unemployed by choice-and won't hit the job search until March first-so my quilting goals are:
1.to use these scraps up in as many charity quilts as possible- size 40 in by 60 in being the size we do.
2. quilt, bind, label the scrap block charity ufo
3. pull the stars and chains ufo to take to small quilt group for help
4. finish cleaning/clearing this mess out in here.

Deadline is Feb 13th. Of course this is around the other life commitments I also have to do during this time period. Guess it's hit the pressing to kick off the quilty part of today!

7 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Debra Dee said...

Thank you for sharing the photo of your sewing room. I just love to see what other people are doing. I think you are doing great with setting goals!!!!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Great sewing room! It is always fun to see the spot where people quilt in!
Hugs
Laurie

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Good luck using up the scraps. I have way too many too and feel the need to do some more string quilts - once I catch up on some other UFO's. Of course, I do have one UFO that is a string quilt so maybe I can do some work on that one soon.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Granny said...

I love your "two bobbin commitment". Good luck with your scrap quilting goals.

Judy L.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

Hope you enjoy your "time off" and can make time for the sewing room. Looks like there are several charity quilts coming soon...

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Finn said...

WOW..! When you go, you really go!
Great progress on the scrap overload...! Wish I could say the same, but scrap play if forbidden at this time..*VBG*

I am making progress tho. Love the way the 1/4th looks, a great sew-dio all the way around!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Looks like a fun place to be. Lots of fun activity going on there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home