Saturday, March 18, 2006

National Quilting Day



homemade apple pie..I used less apples than usual so it's not as tall as normal-it will still taste great I know. We are having supper over at my son's-this will be dessert. He called and when I told him I was bringing pie, he said he would be sure his wife picked up the vanilla ice cream to go with it *vbs*

I think I am ready to turn on my machine. I have been sidetracked by everything to do but something quilty of late. As you can see, I have fabric waiting to be cut and made into letters and my color theory class homework is also sitting there waiting to be done. There is an online retreat going on this weekend-I still have not been too motivated. I call it quilter's slump and I am sure it's hit everyone at some point. I also know as soon as I start back in on that project, I will be over the slump. I have just been handed a latte and oatmeal raisin cookie-have I mentioned lately, Life is Good!

9 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

That pie looks great---can I come too? Hope you all have a great time tonight.

I can tell you have been busy because the calendar picture is from 3/15, LOL. Mine is parked atop my computer so I know that one looks familiar --from a few days back.

Hope the sewing machine's siren song will hook you back and the letters for your wonky village will be a done deal.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Everyone has slumps - I'm sure you will get over yours. I'm doing a partial retreat this weekend too. I'll finish up a binding on a UFO tomorrow and hopefully get back to work on my braids.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Yeah, I've definitely hit those slumps too. Hopefully this one will be over before you know it. Mmmm latte and cookie.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Vicky said...

Apple pie, my favorite! Looks yummy!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Great picture Cher!! Apple pie..can we alllllll come??? *VBG*

Yup, the slumps get everybody...or maybe it's just that life keeps happening. Either way, enjoy the moment..which sounds pretty darn good to me..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

Yum. I swear I can smell the aroma of that apple pie all the way over the ocean. ;)

What a great photo.

Darilyn

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

oooooooooooo...i can smell that pie! yummy!
hugs
laurie

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks delicious! I know you'll get over your slump soon.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

Well, now I'm going to have to go up and eat breakfast -- but really, I'd rather have pie!
Hope everyone enjoyed it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home