Saturday, July 22, 2006

another great quilt

I brought home the wedding quilt and it's really big- spread it out on our bed...and it sure came out nice! This gal enjoys doing sid around each block...she likes the look- funny how currently that is not my favorite look at all. I tried to tell her not to do it...but, you can not go against a longarm quilter's comfort zone I have found. It doesn't look bad, do NOT misunderstand me, she does beautiful work...it's strictly a personal preference thing. I am giving this quilt away-so it's not a big deal in the long run. I know you have to work with la quirks..just like I live with my own. At any rate, I took last night off from binding to allow my finger some recovery time. I know I am going to have to use my stick on thimble however, as I seem ingrained on hitting the exact same spot on that finger to push the needle through- maybe you have noticed you do that too? I am enjoying the hand work and look forward to doing the next large quilt binding as well.
I do need to cut that binding however and get it ready to apply.
No photos still- Darcie asked for an update on the backyard- so...I will take a photo later today of the current look. We are ready for the next hardscape project- concrete patio/a planter box corner we added to the design element, and steps up to a long, long walkway past the new pad out to the front. They can not do any of that until it's 90 or below. Nor would I want them to!
Zoe can not understand why we don't want her zooming around in the backyard-kicking up all that lovely dirt. About once each evening we allow her one romp...but as she literally kicks up a heck of a dust storm...I think we are going to put the stop on that. I do understand, after all, it's her backyard don't you know? and she needs to inspect it up close. I have to go into work today-so once it "cools" off this evening, (it never did last night however) I need to dig the lilac plant up and dig the hole deeper....at least the new soil is loamy and easy to do that... the poor thing is about six inches up too high...and listing...so I need to fix that.
I am so looking forward to tomorrow- sleep in and quilt. It's my big plan for the day!

6 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Sleep in and quilt are my two goals for today too... :)

Plus I often do some meat roasting on the weekends, then have leftovers all week. I like to put something in my crockpot and have the house smell good all afternoon. I'm scared to do it when I'm at work, I'd probably come home and find a kitty covered with broth and a chicken on the floor with fang marks.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Sounds like a good plan - I plan on fusing some applique and layering a quilt for Mom - I already had my 5 mile hike for the day.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

I've found I use a metal thimble on my middle finger, and a piece of mole skin on my ring finger if I'm sewing for long, as I don't poke it through with my ring finger, but I do a lot of guiding with it, and I hear you -- it hurts when its the exact same spot time after time hope your finger heals quickly...
:-)

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

A "sleep in and quilt" day are my favorites too. It is so nice to have that to look forward to - enjoy!

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

I am looking forward to see a photo of your quilt :-) I poke my finger at the same spot constantly.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

Cher!!! You're not still sleeping, are you? LOL Just joking. This heat is enough to make anybody fall off into a 100 year snooze. Ugh...when will it be fall? (key the whiney music here)

Can't wait to see your pics of your yard and your quilt!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home