Friday, July 07, 2006

new blogs and stuff

I am lazy-bloglines is a great idea...but there is something about hopping through the ring - or wandering where links may take you that appeal more to me than being efficient with reading blogs. I finally caught all the new blogs...and enjoy the diversity of all our ring members...hurray for quilters!

No quilting going on this week-there is an end in sight on the backyard front however. I think one more stint of digging up pavers is left, hauling the stacked ones will take much longer however-around to the front where they are being pressure washed.
The weather has cooled off which is nice. Today is jeans day at work-nice to be so casual and nice that I have no stress or long hours to put in! I am making decent progress and my boss and I are happy with my work. I am going to use my lunch time to drive over to my dil's and drop off a dinner meal I cooked extra of last night. It's my son's all time favorite of mine-and requested when I asked him what he wanted. His wife's parents had dropped off her favorite that day, so it seemed only fair to step up and make sure he was taken care of as well. (It was something he won't eat :-) , Korean soup) I am trying to not fret too much about seeing so little of the baby, as it seems more important that the new family have their bonding time on their own. Tomorrow is the big Sisters Quilt Show...we may drive up, we may not, depending on the weather. I refuse to go if it is too hot-as the town is tiny and not great at dealing with the 10,000+ crowd that usually engulfs them at this time of year. It's a fantastic show, but, the crowd factor is intense! We have gone many times...and I already have the tee shirt LOL...so it's not on my must do every year list. This year the tee shirt has a new artist's work, and features a cat...really a great shirt! I am having trouble getting their link up...sorry!

Hope to finally get back to my machine tonight and over the weekend. Patti has made me feel guilty and motivated about my scrap bin cutting...apparently putting it on my goal list has just NOT been enough!

7 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

If you go, get me a T-shirt...

Serious I'll reimburse you! (A quilty cat t-shirt - what could be better?)

Oh yeah take lots of photos too... :o) And enjoy yourself - hard to do in a crowd, but...

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

It would be my dream to someday go to the show but I understand about the crowds. I used to think if I got bumped by one more stroller or shopping bag at the AQS show I would scream, LOL.

So we'll see what you decide come tomorrow morning. All that yard work that is still ahead of you may win out.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

I would love to see the show.
It's tough about the grandbaby, but trust me.. the new will wear off and they'll beg you to take that little one. you just wait....

Have fun this weekend
Melanie

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I agree about the bloglines. I'll just skip around the ring. Doesn't take long.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

I hear you re bloglines. I personally couldn't do it all without bloglines, but still enjoy poking around once in a while.... Hope you survive the crowds.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Patti said...

OK - you need to take me up on the scrap cutting session. That way we can hold each other accountable for getting something done!

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Morning, good to see you posting...*VBS* This is one busy time!!! And of course,life goes on but darn that yard work coming right along with the baby....what's a girl to do!!
I'm with Linda J. on the "crowd" issue. I haven't been to the MN show in a few years for just the reason...it's insane! You can't get close enough to a vender table to pay, much less just browse or hope to see what's new(which takes time). I'm such a perimeter person anyway...crowds just aren't my thing.
Glad you finally got some cooler weather..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home