Friday, July 21, 2006

same old binding

Another side done last night- so at least I have hit the half way mark. And, I am going to pick up the wedding quilt-it's done from the longarm quilter. Gee, more binding! Good thing I gave in and said we would watch at least one movie over the weekend at home. I can get a lot done watching a movie as opposed to watching basketball :-)
my old windows problem is back ...this time I am going to let the experts deal with it. It just means I am not able to zip around the blogs easily and read. This morning is the end of phase one of the backyard project-concrete patio man arrives and so will begin phase two. I have to do wrap up - have the last remaining boulders moved to where I want them-fell asleep thinking about that! and rescue the lilac and azala bushes from lanquishing in a corner...after getting a drink this am. It hit 100 degrees here yesterday with higher temps expected today and tomorrow being the peak..tame to some of you, HOT to others...for us...we just are thankful for a/c! Even with a/c I find myself up late at night enjoying the coolness of the night and stitching quietly. I didn't turn any music on - it was so nice to have it be quiet and still. Time to take the next series of photos...it's been amazing to see the progress each day back there.

4 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Cathi said...

Sounds like you are making good progress and enjoying the A/C. We had a bit of a heat wave here in Ireland, and this is our first cooler day in a while, so am enjoying it!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

Does that mean that I'll be getting more heat coming this way, Cher?! Can't we woosh it somewhere else? (Insert annoying whine here.)

Can't wait to see more of the progress in your yard!

Enjoy your binding!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hurray for the end of stage one!! And for more binding done...*VBS*

And no need to minimize the heat you in OR and those in Washington State are getting..it's definitely NOT the norm.
I know I didn't live out there for as long as you have, or many of the other gals, but even I recognize this is unusual for your part of the country. Sooo glad you have the AC and use it! Hugs for the quietness and the time to sit and stitch.

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

Just heard on the news that 2006 is going in the books as the hottest summer on record. Like that is supposed to make us feel better. lol
I'm in the binding phase right along with you. If I didn't dislike the look of machine binding so much, I'd go that route. I just like the way the hand turned bindings look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home