Saturday, October 27, 2007

more Saturday doings...


Pink continues to be going strong - I finally put the borders on the pink string quilt from my recent retreat on last night. I just needed to trim the two side borders to the right width and get this photo taken. Next up: batting and backing for both pink tops plus, my final pink project, a stack of muslin squares to make string blocks to send in for Project Pink at Heartstrings. Link is on the sidebar...

Morning was leisurely and lovely- up at 7:30 instead of 4:50 am...coffee and breakfast before walking Zoe and then time to do some blog reading before heading out for errands. We weighed in for Weight Watchers ( I am up for the third month in a row-time to get back in the gym for sure), browsed and shopped at Powells Books...I will share what I found at another time...suffice to say they have added something new that involves fiber. On to handle grocery shopping rounded out by stopping for fish tacos for lunch. I took advantage of this glorious sunny day to tackle some yard and rock moving projects long on my list to get done. One more bout of errand running as my sweetie had had to rest and load up on pain meds after the mornings doings. Did I mention she had a total knee replacement October first? All I can say is I wish they did not feel compelled to reduce her medication at this point...it's really hard to see the constant pain she is in, and of course, it's even harder for her to be in that non stop pain.
The call on Friday about this issue was to wait out the weekend and call on Monday or Tuesday-sheesh. At any rate this day is nearly done and I have an impatiently waiting dog ready for another walk. Guess those strings will have to wait a bit longer-good thing I am making something easy for dinner tonight-pesto topped baked salmon and asparagus. Yum.

As always, thanks for stopping by!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

The pink strings look great Cher, I like the set with the alternate blocks.

I saw the Gees Bend quilts in Altanta before we moved. I have to say I wasn't impressed with them from a quilting standpoint but once I let go of my inner Quilt Police persona and stood back, I found them truly inspiring.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Hope your sweetie's knee is better fast.

Meanwhile, love that pink string quilt! And, can I come over for dinner? Please? YUM!

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Yes. These pinks are just so fun to see! I used to have everything pink when I was younger...and of course, now I love red and fuchsia!

Sorry to hear the M is in so much pain. I don't know anything about the procedures for knee replacement...but can she have any sort of aquatic or heat therapy?

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger KC Quilter said...

Beautiful, beautiful string quilt. The pink just sings.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Darlene said...

Great looking string quilt, Cher.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Patti said...

E-gad! I had no idea I was THIS far behind on reading your blog. Bad Patti! The good news is that I've very little left to do at work and I can once again access blogs at work so I will probably be catching up a little. Only 10 more working days after today!

Hoping to see you at CCQ tomorrow evening - are you going to make it there?

And how is Martie's knee by now? Hopefully lots better with very little pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home