Saturday, September 29, 2007

step 1 nyb....new york beauty


step one consists of choosing fabrics, preparing them as you wish, and cutting the right sizes for one block. They say cut squares for A, B, and C- I enlarged what size they suggested. So, I cut (1) 6.5 inch square, (1) 10.5 by 11 inch square and (6) 2 inch by 5 inch rectangles of one color and (5) 2.5 by 5 inch rectangles of a second color plus another 2 inch by 5 inch of the second color for a total of 7 rectangles. I show them with the foundation pieces they go with.

It also includes cutting apart one blocks worth of components. That would be the A, B, and C mentioned above.

pretty easy so far!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there, that does look simple. Are you going to put up more lesson. I might follow you and try one again. eddye a lurker on stashbuster.

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

So far so good---this is going to be quite striking, Cher, in the nice clear, bright colors!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Cherold said...

This is going to be beautiful...I love your colors! Makes me want to make one too.

CheriS
WA State

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Kucki68 said...

I have a paper pieced (Karen Stone) NYB in progress somewhere. This makes me want to dig it out and sew.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Since you talked about this project awhile back...I've been thinking about starting another one. *IF* I do...I'd vary my colors more than I did with my first one. But you're right...it's so easy. And no ruffly paper noises! Good luck with yours, Cher!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home