Friday, September 28, 2007

a done deal


Here is Carols completed quilt. I like these colors a lot-and look forward to making something else using them, another time. Heartstrings has come up with Pink for October-and I have been collecting pinks for a while for a special quilt for a special family member. No, not Alice. She has a gorgeous pink quilt. A family member that does not have a quilt of her own yet. So, in addition to the New York Beauty, I will work on that as my leader/ender project. (also making strings to use for the October string blocks) I did enough clearing up/ tidying up to be able to have a usable sewing table and have been cutting fabric. Rain came last night sounding like the heavens dumping buckets of water -loud! It is still sounding loud this morning and not very inviting to take a dog out in. I am so glad it's Friday and I can look forward to playing some more in the sewing room tonight!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love how that green border looks on this quilt! This is still one of my favorite string quilts! I am sure Carol will love it. I think we were sharing the same family of rain clouds last night--we also had heavy, heavy rains last night. I was glad I was safe inside! I am also so glad today is Friday!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

That turned out great! Love those colors. Brights are truly my favorite. I haven't seen that NYB for awhile. How is it going?

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Woohoo, congrats on the finish. looks lovely.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Holly said...

That turned out just gorgeous. I loved the buckets of rain we got night before last. Same rain as you got. I laid awake listening to it fall on the deck's metal roof. Nothing sounds so good!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I just love the orange/yellow together. It should be just the thing to brighten up Carol's days right now.

More stitching on the horizon with two going at once. Look forward to seeing how your NYB is coming.

I am either in a mood to do a little handquilting but some mindless sewing (some strings) might be nice too--maybe tomorrow after groceries?

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Barbara C said...

What wonderful colors. They really make this a special quilt.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Gracious Cher...winter's coming. You're going to have everything finished before a Snow Day! lol

Love the quilt!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home