Thursday, September 20, 2007

another check in

Life is good! I took some time off yesterday and after doing the errand that motivated the time off, I tackled the backyard weeding project/ get ready for winter coming. I plan on throwing what daylight after work time I can manage into this project until it is done-then it is move to the front and more of the same. Once I get close-I am having yards of what I call the winter compost delivered. My neighbor will probably get in on some of that good stuff. I do not want the mess I had to deal with this last spring. And, I have to say we had a pretty disappointing crop of the little I planted. I have ideas on improving that result for next time. Meanwhile, once the light is gone and supper over-it's quilting time here. Last night I trimmed and cut binding. This morning I stitched the binding together, pressed, and applied to the quilt. This is not as easy without batting in the sandwich...at least I find it so. I mean, the stitching itself is easy enough, it just doesn't FEEL right...ya know? However, the binding is all ready now to be hand stitched down tonight. woohoo!
The labels will be stitched on next-also by hand-first though I will run a machine stitch along the bottom where I attached the binding-that way it's anchored nice and firmly. Also done this morning...what a gift it is to have time off this morning (yes, another appointment) before heading into the work day. And, I have been making time to read blogs - gosh, it feels like I have caught up with so many of my favorite quilters! It's a tad easier to stay current too.
Hope your day proves to be all you could wish for...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Still waiting for the finished picture. Sure know what you mean about no batting in the binding LOL! I bet it made it a lot easier to stuff the quilt into your machine for quilting.

I'm still hanging onto that stuff to give to you. I just might stuff it in an envelope and send it in the mail just to get it out of here LOL!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, yup, I hear your pain! I too, have bound a batt-less quilt, and it is a strange feeling. Kind of like a sandwich with no filling...LOL, or a burger without the burger in the bun. But it will be done and that will be that.Onward! Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home