Wednesday, May 28, 2008

one down...4 to go


this was once a double bed size donated top to our charity group. Half of it has been a quilt and long ago passed along to headquarters. I found this half and another one when I was going through a bag on the charity shelf in the garage I stuffed at least a year ago. It is now bound and ready for a label {M2M} see my link to Pam on my sidebar if you want to learn about quilts for Mexico. I have rounded up at least 5 to 10 quilts that will be shipped to the mission headquarters that Pam is helping out. One of my goals before leaving for vacation in mid June is to have all these quilts out of here. I also have a stack ready to send to wraptheminlove headquarters too. Our group has been busy! and we have another get together this coming Sunday.
A sweet old lady made this top out of clearly scraps and whatever fabrics she had-as many of these fabrics are not 100% cotton. I think it has a very appealing maverick charm. It will keep a child warm and enjoying the bright colors. It is nice to have a finish and a ufo at that!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! such a wonderful gift for a little one to call their own! whoo hoo!!!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

WTG, Cher on the finishes and that fact that you have quilts ready for their destination, working towards your goal. Looking good!

I think you sent me the other half of that quilt or one very nearly like it? I entered the maker on the document as "unknown Oregon quilter" and offhand, I think it went to the Boys Ranch.

I'm getting ever closer to my quilt stack as I just have top an bottom borders to do on that t-shirt quilt. Hope to get a few of them done before our trip too as some are destined for M2M--need some hand work for the car.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

You've got to be feeling good about all of yours and your group's accomplishments!

This quilt is indeed charming. I love how some of the pinwheels are so very vivid...and then a few are "incognito." ;-)

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I like the maverick-ness of the quilt :) Congrats on getting the quilts and UFO's worked on and finished before your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home