Sunday, April 13, 2008

another FABS top done, another grand time



I sort of read the first page of the pattern we chose and ran with it-so I am not giving credit as really I did my own thing. A photo of part of the design coming together-aka, partly sewn and then the completed top. This finishes at 40 inches by 60 inches and works for sending off to Pam's M2M project. I have the border fabric cut for binding and will piece together batting scraps for use for this quilt top plus my string top. Then, of course, it is on to the quilting part!
Yesterday was a gorgeous, gorgeous sunny warm day. Every window was open in our house and it was wonderful...I am hoping for more of the same today. I had to go have an adjustment by my chiropractor, who said, no gardening, no lifting! gee...guess that lets me off the hook for weeding.
In honor of it being my mom's birthday today-we will go visit her memorial later on , it's been 3 years now since she passed. It does get easier, but, I certainly do continue to miss her every day.
Stitching with the FABS is the best!

7 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

It looks wonderful, Cher---and I love the other splashes of color that you added to your fabric choices. It is definitely a quilt of your own design.

Thinking of you and your mother today. I imagine that it often feels like it has been three years-- and more-- since she passed away.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Holly said...

It's fun watching you FABs.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

very nicely done Cher. Love the splashes of purple throughout :)

Thinking of you today.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger jacquie said...

It's so interesting to see someone else's design process. Looks great!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Ohh, like some of the fabrics you're using in that... will make someone a bright pretty quilt!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Wow..love that you did your own thing with the pattern. I really, really like the outcome. Hugs for sad anniversaries, Finn

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

I love the bright colors! There is a lot of movement in the quilt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home