Sunday, April 27, 2008

major change/gathering of blogger quilters

You know if you are an internet addict what your worse nightmare would be. That's right, your computer goes dead on you- and like any accident it is NEVER a good time to have that happen.

Thursday morning I turned off my computer- I rarely turn my computer off-I leave it on 24/7 most of the time. In fact power outages often turn it off for me. hate that. My computer only had one power switch on it- so when it would not work-too bad, so sad. We thought a new power supply and/or switch would fix the problem. I had arranged to take Friday off-and spent that day doing other things in the morning until computer tech guy arrived with the part. An hour later-the verdict was I had fried my processor. The fix? a new computer. He then spent the next two hours updating the loaner computer I am currently very grateful to be using.
I have a back up-in fact, the hard drive is probably fine. So all my data is not gone forever- what of course is lost are those programs I bought online and do not copy over in full back up. One of them being the back up program for my external drive back up system....now tell me is that not one of the most stupid things?

I am not online to rant...vent a bit sure, but truly, stuff happens. Until I order a new computer-at least I am online and can feel more connected than not. No photo access of course, and all other programs I am used to using. It will take a while after getting a new computer to get it set up to where I feel back on track too.
So- let's be happy with sharing what a fabulous time we all had yesterday- I invited a few local blogging quilters to meet at my home and enjoy visiting and lunch. We did some show and tell of our quilts (naturally I had the most being at my home) and several took lots of photos. try here for another post on our day and links to everyone.

It was a fabulous time together with lots of talking and enjoying each other. I kept the coffee coming and lunch went well too. I even got some hand stitching in too. All too soon everyone had to leave - agreeing we need to get together again.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

So sorry about your computer, Cher! I do know how that can really throw a wrench into one's 21st century life! Thank heavens that you'll be able to recover...it's not life and death. (Although...it still just plain stinks!)

I read about your fabulous time on Dot's blog! What fun!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger CONNIE W said...

Oh my goodness, so sorry about the computer problems. When I started reading I thought perhaps you were going to write that you had turned off the computer and were going "cold turkey" to not use it, and wasn't expecting to read about it being fried. If it weren't for this new laptop I'd be somewhat unhappy myself as my desktop is getting frightfully slow and I wonder if its days are numbered just by the way it acts. Best of luck to you on getting things all worked out.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

Cher, you were such a fabulous hostess, we couldn't even tell that your computer had gone out on you! My goodness, my venting would still be going on if it had been me!!! I posted four photos of the five of us on my blog and have lots more that I can send you. Did you notice I took more photos of your quilts than I did of the five of us??? I couldn't help myself, they were so creative and inspiring! Thanks for a lovely day!!!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Thank you for your gracious hospitality, Cher. The Gathering was a lot of fun. I had to laugh at the fact that I only sitched one inch of binding the entire time I was there :P I don't think any of us got much handwork done. Lunch was wonderful! The time went by too quickly.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Saw the photos on Michele's blog. Lovely to be able to put faces to names.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Computer problems are awful. I'm glad you and the others had a great time.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Oh, no fun! So sorry to hear about the fried processor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home