Monday, June 30, 2008

weekend-part one


I left off saying Friday night I would be up late cutting fabric-and so it went. At midnight, it was officially Saturday and I did some sewing on the CGF's FABS project choice. CGF stands for Cher's Gym Floor- a pattern idea I copied from literally my gym's floor. Linda (see sidebar LJ) took my idea and worked it up in EQ6 -sent it to the FABS and this Saturday we were all stitching our versions of CGF up. On most weekends I am not an early riser, so by getting a sewing start, by the time I did get up and have some coffee and turned on my machine-it only took another hour or so of sewing and the top was done minus borders. Right in line with our speediest FAB who finished close to me as well. My sweetie had claimed this quilt just from seeing the cut pieces up on the design wall Friday night-and insisted it needed a border. I added a narrow border and think it gave it a great pop-the binding will be in the same fabric. The backing is made-a nice bright butterfly flannel, the binding is cut, and I will piece batting together next. This all came from stash and will be my sweetie's traveling to Utah quilt. As it is in the photo it is 42.5 by 62.5 inches.
This is clearly a fast and easy pattern to whip out-keeps a focus fabric/large print intact and only one row of matching seams. I will be sharing this pattern with my charity quilting group next time we meet. Next post: Alice turns 2 party.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Your design does make GREAT use of a focus print!!! Congrats on the success! ;-)

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will assume you are speaking of Moi when you say speediest....reputations are hard to live down...but like you, I gotta make the most of my off time and with limited time in MCM I do what I can to get as much done~~and will continue to wear the "speedy" label with pride! LOL

I see your layout was just a bit different than mine...which means thus far we are up to 3 different patterns from just one block. ~~ Typical for us FABs.

Yes, this is a keeper pattern...and will be created in MCM again...

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com
info@pamgwillim.com

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Great quilt and such a speedy one. I'll have to remember about it when I've got a rushed quilt to make.

Love and hugs gina xxx

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Oh I like that small band of the turquoise around it--just the spark it needed though it was certainly bright and fun before that. What fun for our collaborative effort!

I'll hang on for the bday pictures of that precious little girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home