Friday, April 10, 2009

wrapping up the week with a reveal



Wednesday night turned out to be our FAB Challenge Reveal Night. Linda's package had arrived and we gathered everyone online to take turns opening our boxes. After each reveal that person posted a photo online so we all could see and admire and ohhh and ahhh. What a truly fun evening!
Of course I had taken photos of what I sent-so I ended up being faster at posting photos for Linda.
Everyone did a gorgeous job with interpreting their inspiration of what Summer in Winter was to them.
I came up with the sun wearing shades and that kicked off my design juices. So far, I am the only one of the group doing free letter piecing ala Tonya (see sidebar for a link) and of course I had to do letters. I even managed to do some perle cotton hand quilting before calling the quilting done.

To all the reveals, try checking out the blog links for Pat, Linda, Pam, and Norma on my sidebar.

The fabulous garden tool insert for a bucket was made for me by Pam-perfect for all the gardening stuff I lug around in a not pretty at all bucket-now I will be styling! and organized. Thanks again Pam for being so clever in making something I will use for most of the year.
As I said, each challenge was very special and I think fun for each of us both to make and receive.
Hey, it's Friday! I am picking up Alice and bringing her home to share supper and playtime with us for a bit. If I have any energy left once she goes home with daddy-I need to cut and stitch up a king size sleeve for the quilt that is going into a quilt show on the 18th! Nothing like putting it off right? A much less busy weekend ahead with celebrating Easter on a low key level with Alice and her parents. I am organizing her first Easter egg hunt...I think we all will have too much fun doing that!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Cher - that quilt is just wonderful. I'm surprised you could part with it. Love the flamingo fabric too.

Have a great Easter weekend with Alice.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

What a fun, happy quilt! Good job :-) Have a great weekend with Alice!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

What fun! I clicked to enlarge and saw all the neat novelty fabrics you used in that - great idea! Have a nice Easter - the egg hunt should be fun!
Cheers! Evelyn

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Congrats on the fun, happy quilt! I don't know if it's just me, but not seeing a list of bloggers in the sidebar....

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

You're so busy! Let us know all about the quilt show---

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

I love all the pics in this post...Love the vignette in the dog bed, so precious. What a fantastic quilt!!! I need some of that quilting sunshine around here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home